• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I sneak onto the set of Transformers 3?

22 posts in this topic

They are filming Transformers 3 within a block of my office in downtown Chicago.

In fact the staging area for most of the action scenes is right next to my office building.

They have been assembling rubble and debris and damage cars that will then be lifted and placed at various locations downtown.

I will try to get some pictures of the site tomorrow.

I am just wondering how hard it would be to wander onto the set being that it's in the middle of the downtown area?

No one cares, dork

I am not stealing a prop assault rifle for you now, canuck. :taptaptap:

It usually isn't very hard. I have done it and hung out talking to everyone from the grunt workers to the stars. Hanging out for two hours with Billy Barty was the best of it. (He-Man in this case)

The secret is looking like you have somewhere you need to go to. If you want to add to the illusion, splurge on two coffees so you also have your hands full as you are going in. Once you walk past the front lines of security, typically no one seems to give a . Probably because everyone is bringing friends in and they don't know who belongs and who doesn't.

It depends ...... who did they get to replace Megan Fox?

Movie sets will usually rope off the area but let people watch from a distance as long as they keep quiet when they start filming.

Cheers!

N.

Please do so. Find Shia Lebouf. Then smack across the back of the head and say "Monkeys? REALLY?"

Walk away. There's really nothing left to say or do after that.

:signfunny:

No one cares, dork

I am not stealing a prop assault rifle for you now, canuck. :taptaptap:

Steal me Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and you can have anything in my art collection. :insane: