• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

July Comiclink auction...the Official Preview and Review thread.

182 posts in this topic

Issue 17 is similarly non-key like 16 is and has quite a few GPA sales, most in the $9K to $13K range for the last five years.

17 (2nd Goblin) is much more sought after than 16. So, naturally, there will be more sales to reference.

16 is a "filler" issue of minimal significance.

#17 in a 9.2, according to guide only $200 more sought after than #16. But yes, you are totally correct that it is more of a KEY than #16 and more sought after by many collectors hands down!

However, #16 a filler?

Seriously a DD fan or not, calling #16 a filler "of minimal significance," is not correct.

It is the their first crossover, DD's 4th appearance and he is still in Old Yeller. IMHO it is a tad more than a filler.

Issue 17 is similarly non-key like 16 is and has quite a few GPA sales, most in the $9K to $13K range for the last five years.

17 (2nd Goblin) is much more sought after than 16. So, naturally, there will be more sales to reference.

#17 in a 9.2, according to guide only $200 more sought after than #16. But yes, you are totally correct that it is more of a KEY than #16 and more sought after by many collectors hands down!

However, #16 a filler?

Seriously a DD fan or not, calling #16 a filler "of minimal significance," is not correct.

It is the their first crossover, DD's 4th appearance and he is still in Old Yeller. IMHO it is a tad more than a filler.

Agreed. As a DD fan that book is primo. It's also one of my favorite Ditko ASM stories, bar none. If you can get one with a nice white cover it's a beautiful work of art.

I love that book!

However, #16 a filler?

Agreed. As a DD fan that book is primo. It's also one of my favorite Ditko ASM stories, bar none. If you can get one with a nice white cover it's a beautiful work of art.

I love that book!

Coming from the man who I bought my beautiful snow white #16 from! (worship)

JLA #92 9.6 $979????? WTF, a same grade copy just sold in Heritage Sunday auction for $225.

The only thing that could make it any worse is whose book it is. ^^

(thumbs u

I think I got a nice deal on this. I know CRM/OW but excellent centering and the LOWEST recorded GPA before was over $2600 so I'll take the big discount for the pages. There's been 9.2s last year that went for few hundred less.

RADACF5A20091124_105946.JPG

Am I the only person that thinks $7200 IS a significant sale price? It's double the 9.4 average that the book sells for which sounds about right for the multiple between a 9.4 and 9.6 for a non key, fairly common in high grade book. And it sold for $7K. $7 THOUSAND dollars is not an insubstantial amount of money.

You can never overpay for Spiderman. He's the greatest superhero ever created. So what if there are zillions of high grade copies of every issue, there are gazillions of collectors clamoring for the books at any price.

This has been a dismal auction for me. I am 1 for about 12 so far and the only book I won was the only book I am somewhat indifferent to but figured I should have a copy in the collection (Hulk 181 9.2 White).

What was with the Hulk 3 CGC 8.0. It went for $2628 which seems like a really high price for it. In the ComicLink auction a couple months back a 8.5 went for 1,951. Both comics had similar pages and presented well. Was the one that sold today look like it is pressable or something? It was one of the main books I wanted in this auction.

If Namisgr didn't have his fantastic J.I.M. collection in this auction overall it would be pretty disappointing selection of books.

Speaking of which, JIM #95 + #102 COME ON DOWN!! You're the next additions to Korvac's happy lil' registry!!!! :acclaim::takeit::headbang::cloud9:

If Namisgr didn't have his fantastic J.I.M. collection in this auction overall it would be pretty disappointing selection of books.

Speaking of which, JIM #95 + #102 COME ON DOWN!! You're the next additions to Korvac's happy lil' registry!!!! :acclaim::takeit::headbang::cloud9:

That 95 was dreamy :cloud9:

Haven't bought an Oakland picture frame in a while but just won the Marvel Spotlight #2 :acclaim:

Hope Nik is looking down fondly :wishluck:

Jim

More like laughing. I was bidding on that as well.