• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

July Comiclink auction...the Official Preview and Review thread.

182 posts in this topic

I won these 2 books tonight at or below GPA average. As you can tell from my forum name, I am partial to Fantastic Four. The FF 29 was an upgrade to my CGC 8.5 OWP copy. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

ff29CGC90-bought7-28-10393CL.jpg

ff45CGC90-bought7-28-10298CL.jpg

I am no longer a Clink virgin. I'm sure this will lead to wilder bids in the future :eek:

OAAW254.jpg

I picked up these 3 for my run.

Very happy with the prices.

The ASM 72 9.6 went for a STEAL ($1300 which is 1200 below last 2 GPA sales) and that book is crazy hard to find in high grade.

ASM123CGC96.jpg

ASM79CGC92.jpg

ASM115CGC94.jpg

Wow is it me or are those fingers a little wrinkled? lol

I soak them in milk and honey all day, which makes it easier to polish rainbows, catch falling stars, and handle high grade books. :angel:

Congrats to Bob. (thumbs u Fantastic results (and many new record prices) on his J.I.M.s.

$3,200 on the #119 CGC 9.4. I sold a 9.4 White in the February auction for just over $1k. :sorry:

Yup. Bob's timing was impeccable on this sale. Amazing prices. (Albeit, amazing books as well...)

I believe some esteemed university will be the recipient of Bob's new found earnings

The #119 was surprising and I'm curious what my Green River copy would bring hm

A lot. Especially if it can be pressed to the promised land of 9.8. No 9.8s on census and only ONE 9.6. (Heck just 8 9.4s)

I think the greatest appeal that Bob's books had was that they had not been on the market in a long, long time.

That means that either the books had less chance of being pressed (for either upgrade potential or someone who doesn't want pressed books bid them up) or someone simply wanted fresh copies that were well preserved.

I would have loved to have been in a position to take some of those copies off your hands. Some of the toughest early Marvels to acquire in grade.

Either way, congrats Bob!

:headbang: