• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, Robot Man said:

Saw this at my local comic store yesterday. #22 and all reprints. No letters column. Just seems weird.

No, for the first time, I put back a new issue of MAD I didn’t have on the rack :sorry:

D6C18E00-63B6-413A-84FC-08B0FE1325C2.jpeg

It gets mailed to the house each month :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I pre-order my new issue from a subscription service, and the last few are back ordered to the point where I thought maybe they stopped publishing them and I'm about to be credited. Nice to see this month's issue. Hope I still get the few I'm waiting on. $5.99 (less 30%) is a little pricey for basically a new cover & inside back cover fold-in, but some of those covers have been pretty cool and the fold-ins are very well done, too.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:10 PM, OtherEric said:

I really do need to track down the rest of the Frazetta issues of MAD, I think there's only this one, 106, and 338; plus he supposedly colored the calendar in Follies #2.  I have 338 and the Follies.

Not that it took me long to do so, but glad to finally have the set:

Mad_090a.jpg

Mad_090b.jpg

Mad_106a.jpg

Mad_106b.jpg

Mad_338.jpg

Mad_Follies_02.jpg

In today.  Finally, after 38 years, I've replaced the long lost copy of the first issue of MAD I ever had.  My parents bought it for me when I was about 8 and we were living in Germany; it got left behind when we moved back to the states a few years later.  We had weight restrictions on what we could bring back, my parents were actually reasonably generous on letting me keep some of my comics... but I had to give this one, and lots of others, up in the shuffle.  (I regret giving up my four year run of Micky Maus, but I still have the 40-odd Lustiges Taschenbuch digests.)

I've said this before and probably will say it again:  I've always considered myself very lucky to have the sort of parents who would give me a copy of MAD when I was old enough to start enjoying it, rather than take it away if they saw me with a copy.  Very, very happy to have a copy of this one again.

Mad_Super_Special_030.jpg