• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo Sig Opportunities - Moore , Heath , Bellman , Anderson

265 posts in this topic

I dunno about you guys, but I was inquiring about the books that were signed in June.

Those were all originally subbed at Cincy 2010 or carried over from Wondercon earlier that year, I am pretty sure George. There may have been more added, but the lion's share of them were delayed as a result of Mrs. Anderson getting sick at Cincy, and then eventually cleaned up by GACollectibles in June.

I dunno about you guys, but I was inquiring about the books that were signed in June.

Those were all originally subbed at Cincy 2010 or carried over from Wondercon earlier that year, I am pretty sure George. There may have been more added, but the lion's share of them were delayed as a result of Mrs. Anderson getting sick at Cincy, and then eventually cleaned up by GACollectibles in June.

I understand that, since most of my books were carryovers from Wondercon. But that doesn't change the fact that they were signed in June. :baiting:

I understand that, since most of my books were carryovers from Wondercon. But that doesn't change the fact that they were signed in June. :baiting:

No, it doesn't. And quit poking me with that stick.

On another note, please post those amazing original Star Trek books when they are graded. Those were awesome to behold. And Walter Koenig treated me like an :censored: when Newt and I presented them to him. :cry:

On another note, please post those amazing original Star Trek books when they are graded. Those were awesome to behold. And Walter Koenig treated me like an :censored: when Newt and I presented them to him. :cry:

I heard about that from Joe. Surely Koenig's used to people paying him good money for him to sign something and then listing it on eBay.

Thanks for taking care of finishing off those books for me. (thumbs u

I can't wait to get them back. But since I was too cheap to pay for fast track, I guess I'll have to, because I'm thinking 2011 will be way back in the rear view mirror by time they're graded.

It was my pleasure. I figured for the $270 he got for the 15 seconds that it took him to sign, he might at least talk to me about Star Trek, or about how cool it was to have the entire bridge crew on all those books. Alas, he asked if I was a "dealer" and made a face like I had dog poop on my face. lol

I have extremely thick skin, but I was still a little taken aback.

It was my pleasure. I figured for the $270 he got for the 15 seconds that it took him to sign, he might at least talk to me about Star Trek, or about how cool it was to have the entire bridge crew on all those books. Alas, he asked if I was a "dealer" and made a face like I had dog poop on my face. lol

I have extremely thick skin, but I was still a little taken aback.

What is the worst experience you have ever had with trying to get someone to sign something Sean?

lol That is easy.

Now first, let me preface this by saying that the vast majority of people I have ever gotten sigs from have been gracious and wonderful, and they far, far outweigh the jerks. So I don't want it to be misconstrued that i am blitching about the talent.

The all time worst for me is Jackson Bostwick. Who is that might you ask? He was the actor that played Shazam in the live action show. He did some other stuff, too, I guess, but nothing to write home about. I would have figured that he would be super stoked to get people to pay him for his sig.

I would have been wrong. (I don't remember the exact dollars but this is an accurate representation) I show up at his table and he has a sign saying that his sig is $20. When I whip out the Shazam books, he looks at me like I just pulled out naked pics of his wife. The he says, "Oh, you don't want me to sign those. To sign those, my charge is $50."

I am a little taken aback, but I whip out the money and agree to pay his new extortion fees. He is pissed and snatches the money from my hand. He snarls at me, "I am not going to see these on Ebay am I?" I reply, "I don't know sir, these books are not owned by me so i just don't have any idea or control over them." He chucks the books back at me and snarls again - "I better not!"

Super tool of all time.

lol That is easy.

Now first, let me preface this by saying that the vast majority of people I have ever gotten sigs from have been gracious and wonderful, and they far, far outweigh the jerks. So I don't want it to be misconstrued that i am blitching about the talent.

The all time worst for me is Jackson Bostwick. Who is that might you ask? He was the actor that played Shazam in the live action show. He did some other stuff, too, I guess, but nothing to write home about. I would have figured that he would be super stoked to get people to pay him for his sig.

I would have been wrong. (I don't remember the exact dollars but this is an accurate representation) I show up at his table and he has a sign saying that his sig is $20. When I whip out the Shazam books, he looks at me like I just pulled out naked pics of his wife. The he says, "Oh, you don't want me to sign those. To sign those, my charge is $50."

I am a little taken aback, but I whip out the money and agree to pay his new extortion fees. He is pissed and snatches the money from my hand. He snarls at me, "I am not going to see these on Ebay am I?" I reply, "I don't know sir, these books are not owned by me so i just don't have any idea or control over them." He chucks the books back at me and snarls again - "I better not!"

Super tool of all time.

Wow. If he did that type of thing with me once I had the books back in my hands I would have said some really choice words towards him and told him to check out eBay later tonight for these books and that he is welcome to bid on them.

my wife hates sienkiewicz. She used to go to cons with me, not anymore. She calls him stinkovich. I don't know the whole story, but something about him being rude to Nick as a young tot.

That is easy.

Super tool of all time.

:roflmao:

Great story Sean, surprised you didn't bust out laughing at his last comment!

lol That is easy.

Super tool of all time.

I have had a few "no name" celebs get snippy and ask the Ebay question. I always let them know that their signed item isn't worth enough to sell on Ebay!

lol That is easy.

Super tool of all time.

I have had a few "no name" celebs get snippy and ask the Ebay question. I always let them know that their signed item isn't worth enough to sell on Ebay!

lol