• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Multi-Pack Thread
7 7

376 posts in this topic

1) For the SKU, the useful information is the two 5 digit numbers. I believe the

small leading 1 digit number and the small 1 digit trailing number are for checksum

purposes only. I ignore them.

2) Regarding dates, when a value is obvious, I put the year in my document.

Otherwise, I use a question mark (like 198?) since I am too lazy to always check

all the books.

Checking the date of the ads (primarily back cover, inside front cover, and inside

back cover) will give you the year if they are later than the year of the issue. If they

match the date of the issue, you could get the most recent issue and subtract two

months to get the date the regular book was on the stands. However using

the year of the most recently published issues should be close enough. It is only

important if the reprint in the package came out years after the original issues were

published. Packages of Batman comics issues numbered 397 - 425 are the prime

offenders here.

Man, no Archies or Harveys. Now that the holiday rush is dying down a bit and I'm not longer helping pack Toon TumblersR, I can join in the fun.

Here's one sweet Archie Multi-Pack I bought from nochips in Chicago a couple years ago.

Weird thing about this multi-pack is that you can find the Jughead issue in HG relatively easily, but you almost never see the Archie issue in anything near VF

107347.jpg.9e2aa5761e9ce2ede117267dba74b1a2.jpg

107348.jpg.760b1ec2588b46dc457b9c542e92bb24.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Just found this thread - love it! My earliest comic memories are buying 3packs at TRU. I may have look into acquiring more of these. Are there any concerns about keeping these books in their original plastic for so long? Definitely not archival.

Also, how do you that collect these store them?