• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction results

86 posts in this topic

Below is the book in question. See how the very left side of the "M", "C", and "G" in "Marvel Comics Group" wraps around onto the spine? I avoid that if possible. On some issues you can't avoid it if they're in hugely short supply, but I expect to see more copies of #56 come along in this grade. Why do I use this as an excluding factor given that it's so minor? It extends the hunt, which is half the fun in collecting. :juggle::cloud9:

I understand your reasoning and I recall that your big on centering. (I remember you and I picked up some copies on PGCMint awhile back and you mentioned the centering on the books you bought). Seeing that there are only 6 copies in this grade and not knowing how many have white pages, I decided to throw a bid on it. The last copy that was sold that I have record of was during the 11/17/2009 ComicLink auctions which sold for $3667. I didn't feel like waiting any longer for another copy to come along. :)

The #2 went for a surprisingly high price given the poor page quality; Rube11 got a much better copy about 1.5 years ago for a lot less during a time when prices were generally far higher than they are today. The #5 price was strong as well.

:o

How da F...K do you remember that?

Because #2 is the only copy of FF I don't own at all, and I wanted to bid on your copy but fell asleep when the auctions ended that night. :mad:

Well I almost feel bad...almost :devil:

Because #2 is the only copy of FF I don't own at all, and I wanted to bid on your copy but fell asleep when the auctions ended that night. :mad:

Well I almost feel bad...almost :devil:

I've always blamed myself, but now I'm beginning to wonder whether or not you slipped me a mickey. hm

Stupid people paying stupid money for stupid books.

If the buyer is who I think it is, he has probably funded that book, along with many others by pressing/flipping to collectors who are a couple of decades late to the game, and desperate to catch up.

Not sure I'd call that stupid.

If the buyer is who I think it is, he has probably funded that book, along with many others by pressing/flipping to collectors who are a couple of decades late to the game, and desperate to catch up.

Naomi Watts would call it stupid.

it's it's who everyone knows it is, he's funded this by being so early to put together the highest graded ASM runs that he can justify spending whatever he feels like to upgrade even further

the spdiey 40 9.8 brought $30k and the avengers 1 9.2 $35k

discuss

Actually, instead of discussing it, how about proving it? meh

(worship)

it's it's who everyone knows it is, he's funded this by being so early to put together the highest graded ASM runs that he can justify spending whatever he feels like to upgrade even further

are you dudes talking about tommy b?

How does the Pedigree auction work, are all of the auctions extended if a bid comes in at the end? I only really noticed one doing that, I had to leave before the ASM's come up. I bid on the #2 but the reserve wasn't met. Several others looked promising before I left, but they all finally reached normal prices. I won the just #103. Regards,

Wow, guy with an awesome collection.... My Hero :whatev:

How does the Pedigree auction work, are all of the auctions extended if a bid comes in at the end? I only really noticed one doing that, I had to leave before the ASM's come up. I bid on the #2 but the reserve wasn't met. Several others looked promising before I left, but they all finally reached normal prices. I won the just #103. Regards,
Oh, You create a fake account and bid up books. And THAT is how it works. :insane:

are you dudes talking about tommy b?

i am

Yep, what I meant when I said others are decades late.

He bought is ASM 1 9.8 raw. Right there, that justifies spending whatever it takes to get the rest.

Naomi Watts would call it stupid.

Naomi can say anything she wants.

Wish she'd pick me up at a cougar bar. :cloud9:

Wow, guy with an awesome collection.... My Hero :whatev:

What do you own, sonney?