• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Sept Comiclink Winners & La-Hoo-sers thread...post 'em if you won 'em.

209 posts in this topic

Anyone here go for this one?

I didn't have the pair :cry:

RAD2C2352010910_135116.jpg

It's in a PGX holder and I'd hate to pay that kind of money only for it to come back from CGC as trimmed. I wonder if Comiclink would give you a refund and go after PGX if this happened. hm

REALLY looks trimmed...

I've got a Tales of Suspense with the same degree of miscut. This title didn't always get the sweetest treatment at the print shop. I wouldn't leap to the conclusion it was trimmed.

I've got a Tales of Suspense with the same degree of miscut. This title didn't always get the sweetest treatment at the print shop. I wouldn't leap to the conclusion it was trimmed.

It's not that angled right edge--that's almost certainly production-related--it's the right edge being flush with the cover, the exceptionately sharp upper-right corner, and the near-total lack of overflash on the top and bottom edges. It's not definitely trimmed, can't tell that without a very close look, but all the hallmarks are there for an exceptionally slight and careful trim. I can hear robo already misdirecting people away from an actual micro-trim by pointing out how common angled right-edge production miscuts are and how that's no evidence of a trim...such a master of disinformation. :eyeroll:

Anyone here go for this one?

I didn't have the pair :cry:

RAD2C2352010910_135116.jpg

It's in a PGX holder and I'd hate to pay that kind of money only for it to come back from CGC as trimmed. I wonder if Comiclink would give you a refund and go after PGX if this happened. hm

REALLY looks trimmed...

Yup. It was pretty common for some mid 60's Marvels to have an almost trapezoidal shape to them. Won't be able to tell for sure unless the book is in hand.

(thumbs u

I was surpringly happy.  I put in about 25 bids, not strong, but not weak, as I was sitting on the runway yesterday and I just checked this morning and saw I won 14 books.  The only title I had any luck with was the FF where I got 14 of the 17 books I left bids on.  I was rather surprised to have won because in past auctions when I have been forced to not be around to snipe I have usually come up with nothing.  At least for the FF I need under 10 now for the first 50 in 8.0+ and I guess I am working on 51-102 in 9.2 as I've got close to have of them now.

Hope you got the 8.5 FF 8.....that was a bargain price. I thought about selling a few books and going after it. I frugally decided to be happy with my raw copy, probably a 7.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. That was a nice 18 they had also.

Nope I did not go after the 8. I did win the 18, 25, 34, 38,42,51,55, 61, 64, 68, 71, 77, 86, 89

also is it just me or is an almost $700 difference between the Clink Surfer #4 and the ComicConnect Surfer #4 this week pretty outrageous? Guess good job marketing by Clink.

$1755

RADD3B9D201098_135222.jpg

$1076

sil2.928a.jpg

:takeit:

Picked this one up last night! Almost done completing my X-Men run!

RAD215E72010825_113125.jpg

I was in on that book too, nice win.

Here are my new additions from last night - I was hoping to bid on more, but I got distracted right as the auctions were ending...

XM4094front.jpg

XM6994front.jpg

I was a little disappointed at some of my sales last nite.

The Weird War Tales #1 CGC 9.8 was mine and I thought it would have done a bit better. That's a pretty tough book in grade and the lone 9.8. I think a year ago, in a better economy this book would have done better.

I was a little disappointed at some of my sales last nite.

The Weird War Tales #1 CGC 9.8 was mine and I thought it would have done a bit better. That's a pretty tough book in grade and the lone 9.8. I think a year ago, in a better economy this book would have done better.

I bid on this book Roy, just out of my budget range (and focus) to go higher.

Picked up some nice Spidey Super Stories (and got beat by Doc Joe on a couple more) and some nice TOS.

No shame in that. It's happened to a lot of us.

Yep, you go in with as strong a bid as you think you can muster, and then add a bit more in last minute second-guessing, then still get beat. Curses.