• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Sept Comiclink Winners & La-Hoo-sers thread...post 'em if you won 'em.

209 posts in this topic

I was a little disappointed at some of my sales last nite.

The Weird War Tales #1 CGC 9.8 was mine and I thought it would have done a bit better. That's a pretty tough book in grade and the lone 9.8. I think a year ago, in a better economy this book would have done better.

Funny how perceptions are...It seems to me the economy was worse a year ago...

Depends on location and more specifics, I guess.

The Weird War Tales #1 CGC 9.8 was mine and I thought it would have done a bit better. That's a pretty tough book in grade and the lone 9.8. I think a year ago, in a better economy this book would have done better.

Sorry, you are correct. Time flies and I should have said two years ago.

Just a brain fart on my part.

(thumbs u

also is it just me or is an almost $700 difference between the Clink Surfer #4 and the ComicConnect Surfer #4 this week pretty outrageous? Guess good job marketing by Clink.

$1076

sil2.928a.jpg

:takeit:

double win- paid less for the nicer book

I definitely would have taken this copy over the Clink copy any day because of the spine wrap. Getting it cheaper is a huge bonus! Congrats!

Crazy stuff last night, I got a message from Mysterio about the Spidey Super Stories 28 cgc 9.8 (single highest).

He, rightly asks why I 'sold it' etc as it was listed in my registry and is the only highest copy. I am completely baffled and figure this is a second 9.8 graded copy. Takes a few minutes to check and indeed it is the same copy I have listed, still 1 of 1. I purchased the book on the exchange in July for a silly amount of cash. Turns out they never sent me the book. The guy forgot and gave it to Clink in San Diego for the auction. I cant keep track of the book that arrive all the time but I entered the number from Clink to my set and forgot about it.

I check my book after getting the message and sure enough its not there. I freak out a bit, and email Josh and Douglas.

Mysterio is a solid chap who emails them as well explaining the situation and that it was actually my book. Clink agrees and corrected all that this morning.

So a solid :golfclap: to Mysterio for alerting me to this.

As for beating out Cheetah on books! Not likely! :baiting:

I would have got the WWT 1 9.8 but it just did not look that nice, sorry, I prefer my 9.6. (shrug)

Got one nice book, and a bunch of junk.

By the way Harley tried to sell me that SSS 18 a year ago for $800, I said no ( :o ) which is unusual so you got if for a nice price :applause:

Joe

Crazy stuff last night, I got a message from Mysterio about the Spidey Super Stories 28 cgc 9.8 (single highest).

He, rightly asks why I 'sold it' etc as it was listed in my registry and is the only highest copy. I am completely baffled and figure this is a second 9.8 graded copy. Takes a few minutes to check and indeed it is the same copy I have listed, still 1 of 1. I purchased the book on the exchange in July for a silly amount of cash. Turns out they never sent me the book. The guy forgot and gave it to Clink in San Diego for the auction. I cant keep track of the book that arrive all the time but I entered the number from Clink to my set and forgot about it.

I check my book after getting the message and sure enough its not there. I freak out a bit, and email Josh and Douglas.

Mysterio is a solid chap who emails them as well explaining the situation and that it was actually my book. Clink agrees and corrected all that this morning.

Ummm...hey, Joe, I haven't gotten payment for those Marvel Spotlight 9.8s I sent you a couple weeks ago......$15,000 by Paypal will be fine...

:whistle:

By the way Harley tried to sell me that SSS 18 a year ago for $800, I said no ( :o ) which is unusual so you got if for a nice price :applause:

Joe

Even though I would like to take over #1 some day I wouldn't want to do it by buying a book out from under anyone. I'm glad that Clink got it worked out, and I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Just a thought, but maybe if you didn't buy so much and let some of the rest of us win a book from time to time you could keep track a little better... :baiting:

I was happy with the price on the #18, and I agree that $800 is just outrageous.

BTW, I listed my #45 undercopy on the sale boards this morning. I doubt that a 9.4 would fit into your immaculate set, but it is the only other graded copy currently...

Ummm...hey, Joe, I haven't gotten payment for those Marvel Spotlight 9.8s I sent you a couple weeks ago......$15,000 by Paypal will be fine...

sorry I will get right on that, please post your email here so I can use paypal.

sorry I will get right on that, please post your email here so I can use paypal.

If I did that, I'd be signed up for so much gay spam, it'd render the account useless.

lol

In Florida, I can say it is worse now than last year so don't expect folks down here to pay premium for anything :grin:

If I did that, I'd be signed up for so much gay spam, it'd render the account useless.

lol

104201.jpg.3a07577ce07749ed6299e80faa20cb45.jpg

I was in on that book too, nice win.

Here are my new additions from last night - I was hoping to bid on more, but I got distracted right as the auctions were ending...

XM4094front.jpg

XM6994front.jpg

Great pick ups!!

Thanks! I was really happy with the prices on those. There were a couple others I would have bid seriously on if I hadn't gotten busy with other things doh!

lol

That is frickin' awesome.

The Economy is better this year than last from what I am seeing. (shrug)

I know one of your books IMO did well. (thumbs u

I have three really big books in the next auction.

The Economy is better this year than last from what I am seeing. (shrug)

I know one of your books IMO did well. (thumbs u

I have three really big books in the next auction.

i thought you swore off Clink (shrug)