• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded GA Archie Comics in Short Supply

424 posts in this topic

Be sure to check the books before you ship them out so nobody else gets a missing coupon, etc. I know you said you didn't notice it in the Archie #50 you sent me...seems odd to me that could go without being noticed. hm

Regardless, perhaps it will be a lesson to check other comics you are selling. Inspect them before shipping them. :sumo:

Good luck with the sale. Now I'm back on the hunt for a COMPLETE #50. :cry:

Be sure to check the books before you ship them out so nobody else gets a missing coupon, etc. I know you said you didn't notice it in the Archie #50 you sent me...seems odd to me that could go without being noticed. hm

Regardless, perhaps it will be a lesson to check other comics you are selling. Inspect them before shipping them. :sumo:

Wow. If we're airing dirty laundry, I missed a coupon cut.

Like I said in our PMs, I'd be happy to refund your complete payment, instead of the money that you suggested - so you could keep the book - which was sent to you instantaneously with my sincere apologies. Instead of making vague insinuations, perhaps you can send it back so you can continue to keep up your hunt for a COMPLETE #50. (thumbs u

Wow. If we're airing dirty laundry, I missed a coupon cut.

Like I said in our PMs, I'd be happy to refund your complete payment, instead of the money that you suggested - so you could keep the book - which was sent to you instantaneously with my sincere apologies. Instead of making vague insinuations, perhaps you can send it back so you can continue to keep up your hunt for a COMPLETE #50. (thumbs u

I don't feel i'm airing dirty laundry. I'm just providing a friendly reminder to double check your comics before sending them since you are plugging your sales thread...I'd hate for someone else to think they are getting something that turns out to have a problem.

Yes, you did offer a full refund. And I opted to keep the book with a slight refund that I thought was fair. You refunded the money quickly. I was looking forward to getting the book and when it had a problem it's hard to send it back...to be honest but I am bummed about the book and bummed I need to find another one.

I'm not making vaque insinuations. All I'm saying is (for me) I know when I sell a comic book it is EXACTLY as I describe. I inspect it before I even list it. I can't understand not noticing a cut coupon especially when you knew it had a detached centerfold (which is the page missing the coupon) but that's just me. And to be perfectly clear, I won't be buying more books from you because of it. Which is a shame because I liked the other Archie's you have for sale and I am a buyer not just a talker. I know you have been here a long time and I'm not trying to start anything or in this cool thread...I guess your plug of your sale rubbed me the wrong way. I'll move on...

Good luck with your sale (thumbs u

I'm not trying to start anything or in this cool thread

It's called threadcrapping and you've already done it

And you are contributing to it. I said I moved on. AND, I think shameless plugs of ones sales thread in this thread was thread crapping...

I'm not trying to start anything or in this cool thread

It's called threadcrapping and you've already done it

And you are contributing to it. I said I moved on. AND, I think shameless plugs of ones sales thread in this thread was thread crapping...

You're wrong on both points. Pimping his sales thread was in bad form, but nothing more, and me pointing out that your comment was a chance to take a shot at Dan isn't threadcrapping . You agreed to the terms of a partial refund and opted to air your dirty laundry in here instead of keeping it to PM or Dan's feedback thread. That's threadcrapping

Yep, now to move on...

I noticed that some of the sites that have some nice collections of GA Archie's are Bob Storms, Metro and Four Color. Still no #50 and certainly not in HG. This book posted earlier is amazing.

I'll be happy with a 6.0.

archie50-80.jpg

I love this stuff! Keep it coming. :grin: It's a refreshing change to look at compared to hero comics.

I feel a litle dirty because I only like the covers with the "good girls". :cloud9:

I'm after a #50 if anyone has one they are willing to part with. :baiting:

There are a couple of lower grade copies on Ebay right now! You might want to check them out. There is one that is up as a VG plus but looks like a VG to me. My guess is it will get up aroung $100. There is a G there too but the word balloon is scratched. The problem I am having is that I now have a couple of low to mid grade copies. I am really looking for a 6.0 to 7.0 which I KNOW will run me between $350 and $500 but I want one! Also my favorite is the #49, then #49...50 actually comes in THIRD :)

Mitch

I love this stuff! Keep it coming. :grin: It's a refreshing change to look at compared to hero comics.

I feel a litle dirty because I only like the covers with the "good girls". :cloud9:

I'm after a #50 if anyone has one they are willing to part with. :baiting:

archie50-80.jpg

I just picked this one up too...

archie49.jpg

That #49 is just one SWEET book! I am really dying to get a nicer copy of that one soon.

Yep, now to move on...

I noticed that some of the sites that have some nice collections of GA Archie's are Bob Storms, Metro and Four Color. Still no #50 and certainly not in HG. This book posted earlier is amazing.

archie50-80.jpg

I often forget my own advice on this so I probably shouldn't say it but I have found that if I am patient that the book I am looking for comes to me at a price I think is fair. I am mostly pretty good about not going beyond that price and it has paid off more than onec. BUT having said that I got totally IMPATIENT on the recent CGC'd Archie #48...and it was worth every penny to me :). I DID have to bail on that lovely #49 to do it though! Oh well, all things come to those who read comics 24/7! :P

Mitch

Yep, now to move on...

archie50-80.jpg

I often forget my own advice on this so I probably shouldn't say it but I have found that if I am patient that the book I am looking for comes to me at a price I think is fair. I am mostly pretty good about not going beyond that price and it has paid off more than onec. BUT having said that I got totally IMPATIENT on the recent CGC'd Archie #48...and it was worth every penny to me :). I DID have to bail on that lovely #49 to do it though! Oh well, all things come to those who read comics 24/7! :P

Mitch

The CGC 7.0 on Comiclink(Nov Featured Auction) looks really, really nice - so you should go for it - especially if the book is so high on your want list.

Yep, now to move on...

archie50-80.jpg

Mitch

The CGC 7.0 on Comiclink(Nov Featured Auction) looks really, really nice - so you should go for it - especially if the book is so high on your want list.

Oh that is my plan :) I'm not THAT patient !! >P

I never bid on ComicLink. Do they work with PayPal?

I'm not sure but I read they are slow to ship...not sure as I haven't purchased from them either although they have a great selection. I may have to one day. Heritage was pretty good to work with.

Not sure if someone mentioned this, but ComicConnect also has some early Archie's coming off soon:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?searchType=advanced&title=Archie&issue=&GO.x=20&GO.y=7

As for ComicLink, in my past experiences they have shipped out pretty quickly, and they are good to work with. (As is Heritage, which also ships quickly to me. (shrug) )