• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 7 9.4

37 posts in this topic

There are some really impressive books in the November CL auction including many pedigree books...But this one caught my attention.....

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2010nov%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dgreen%2Blantern%2B7%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F864600&id=864600

I noticed that copy the other night while perusing the Clink auctions as well. It is a beauty.

WRT price, I would not be surprised if it goes for more this time around, and I will not be surprised if it is sold at a loss either. If I owned it, I would hold it for a bit longer until next spring when we are closer to the movie.

Let's see

ASM 14, Daredevil 131, Watchmen, TOS 97,

Even oddballs like Shadow, Red Sonja, GI Joe

All rose and fell with the movie hype. GL 7 seems to be the least exciting as the villain is hardly known outside comicdom and he's not even on an otherwise average GL cover. I could sell this book (as nice as it is) selling for $4k this time next year.

Very nice book but.. is that a bindery tear upper left corner ? (shrug)

yes, and allowed in that grade. i've seen bindery tears on 9.8's

I've seen 9.6's with those corner bindery tears but never a 9.8. I often wonder if the corner tears get worse after bouncing around in the slab. When CGC sees the book they are small but get bigger afterward in the slab. Possible ?

This looks like a killer book, the census shows 1 9.6 and 1 9.4. It has nice paper and is very clean. I wouldn't be surprised to see two or more bidders wrestling for it and attain 10,000 +. If this were a Marvel book and character it would be 15,000+ (lol) !

Let's see

All rose and fell with the movie hype. GL 7 seems to be the least exciting as the villain is hardly known outside comicdom and he's not even on an otherwise average GL cover. I could sell this book (as nice as it is) selling for $4k this time next year.

I agree that it could drop after the movie (and hope it does - if it is available for $4K next fall I would chase it :wishluck: ), but GL #7 has been an above guide book for a while now due to its scarcity in high grade. As a result, I don't think it will drop quite as much as those other very common in high grade books.

WRT character recognition, if the GL movie does well and Sinestro is set up properly to be a major player in a second movie (it would be great if that one dealt with the "fall" of Sinestro) then the book will have some staying power.

Let's see

I agree that it could drop after the movie (and hope it does - if it is available for $4K next fall I would chase it :wishluck: ), but GL #7 has been an above guide book for a while now due to its scarcity in high grade. As a result, I don't think it will drop quite as much as those other very common in high grade books.

WRT character recognition, if the GL movie does well and Sinestro is set up properly to be a major player in a second movie (it would be great if that one dealt with the "fall" of Sinestro) then the book will have some staying power.

Yup, one of the thing that has distinguished this book is that it's so hard to find in high grade.

Let's see

Yup, one of the thing that has distinguished this book is that it's so hard to find in high grade.

Would you consider chasing it if it could be had for $4K?

Let's see

Nah, having owned the 9.6, everything else would be a letdown. :/

Let's see

Nah, having owned the 9.6, everything else would be a letdown. :/

Highest graded copy elitist! lol (thumbs u

These books weren't as expensive when Tim wisely started accumulating them. (worship)

Although he no longer has his super sweet GLs, he still has a few gems in his collection. (thumbs u

(worship) My philosophy is buy low sell high or buy low and hold. I'm sure Tim would have bought a SC22 if it was available at 9.2+. (shrug)