• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you pay....

Over $100k for ANY comic RIGHT NOW?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Over $100k for ANY comic RIGHT NOW?

16 posts in this topic

I like all the "no" votes. 27_laughing.gif

You wouldn't pay $100K for a 9.8 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15? A 9.6 copy of Detective #27? A 9.4 copy of Action #1?

Hey in Chuck's latest add he's willing to pay $200,000.00 for a NM Action1....nice guy huh?

You wouldn't pay $100K for a 9.8 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15? A 9.6 copy of Detective #27? A 9.4 copy of Action #1?

Well, naturally we assume the $100K transaction would take place somewhere in the real world, and not in Chuckie's FantasyLand.

perhaps it should read-COULD you pay 100K for a book right now. I can't and thats the way I answered it.

I always shake my head at the responses these get.

Q: "Would you pay $100K for any car?"

A: No

"Why not loser, what if it was a car made totally of gold and platinum? I know I sure would. Cha-Ching!!!"

foreheadslap.gif

perhaps it should read-COULD you pay 100K for a book right now. I can't and thats the way I answered it.

Me too. I couldn't pay that for a comic, because I don't have it. And trust me, if I DID have $100K, I sure wouldn't buy a comic book with it.

I guess that, looking at this in a strictly "Vulcan" sort of way, I'd say yes, there are comics I'd pay $100,000 for, even tho that would mean taking out a second mortgage or something... I mean, if you saw an Action 1 in NM 9.4 (CGC), and the price was $100k, it would be an awfully safe bet, right? Or would it simply mean someone had forged the label?

I mean, if you saw an Action 1 in NM 9.4 (CGC), and the price was $100k, it would be an awfully safe bet, right?

Once again, let's get back to the real world and assume that $100K is fair market value. Otherwise the question loses all meaning.

If this is a real world exercise, yes, there are a few comics I would pay $100K for, mainly because I know I could flip them.

Come on, you can't leave us hanging like that. Spill da beanzz.