• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate USPS

25 posts in this topic

My latest shipment arrives from mailordercomics.com the other day...

Photo0719.jpg

Fortunately, no comics were harmed in the process...

WTF is wrong with the Post Office? I mean, it's media mail, but come on! doh!

Well comics should not be shipped media mail! It contains advertisements. Thats the first problem, second why would you want your books shipped to you media mail anyway are you being cheap? Media gets handled way to much for my liking and I would never get books to to me that way.

Kudos to the packers. Books are bubble wrapped and the box is filled with packing peanuts. I hate media mail, too, but it's the cheapest way to ship... :(

Hate to admit it, but I'm on a heck of a budget...

It's best to be safe then sorry.

Kudos to the packers. Books are bubble wrapped and the box is filled with packing peanuts. I hate media mail, too, but it's the cheapest way to ship... :(

Hate to admit it, but I'm on a heck of a budget...

It's best to be safe then sorry.

It's all good. The stuff I read will never be worth anything, anyway... :cry:

Makes for good reading, but bad investing...

Every shipper does that. It's not just USPS. They handle tons of packages and packages fall on top of each other, get tossed, etc.

I don't blame the shipping companies. The shipper just has to make sure that things are packed securely.

Luckily it sounds like in this case that they were.

My latest shipment arrives from mailordercomics.com the other day...

Photo0719.jpg

Fortunately, no comics were harmed in the process...

WTF is wrong with the Post Office? I mean, it's media mail, but come on! doh!

:eek: Sorry bro, I work at the USPS sorting facility and I needed to sit down for a sec.

Well comics should not be shipped media mail! It contains advertisements. Thats the first problem, second why would you want your books shipped to you media mail anyway are you being cheap? Media gets handled way to much for my liking and I would never get books to to me that way.

Personally, I can't stand when someone ueses media mail!! Even worse, everytime I see a sellers shipping method is media mail I always request an invoice with priority mail with insurance and delivery confirmation and people STILL ship media mail!!

Don't think I've gotten anything over media mail that wasn't damaged. So I spend $150 on 2 books and the only option is media mail? WTH!

Cheap shipping method or not, thats a pretty serious crunch.

Glad to here the books are ok , but i dont understand how ! lol

The books are wrapped in bubble wrap and there's enough packing peanuts in the box to choke a horse. I assume that they absorbed the shock, leaving the comics safe and sound. :)

I don't blame the shipping companies.

you probably should. I have known people who work for ups, fed ex, usps- I hear all kinds of stories on what they purposely do to packages- play kickball, football, etc...

you might be surprised at how little respect packages get. anything I buy of value via mail always gets shipped fast and bomb proof (within reason)

Bull :censored: I work for the USPS and the people I have worked with over the last 12 years always took care of the packages.

I don't blame the shipping companies.

you probably should. I have known people who work for ups, fed ex, usps- I hear all kinds of stories on what they purposely do to packages- play kickball, football, etc...

you might be surprised at how little respect packages get. anything I buy of value via mail always gets shipped fast and bomb proof (within reason)

Bull :censored: I work for the USPS and the people I have worked with over the last 12 years always took care of the packages.

I used to be a Supervisor at UPS and can attest that during high volume days package handling quality would drop through the floor. You only have a set amount of time to deliver no matter how many there are. I know I have seen some pretty expensive things trashed, and yes people do play kickball in the back of those 57foot trailers where supervisors can't see. For that reason I never use UPS anymore, but I am sure the others are the same.

Do you work in a high volume sorting center for the USPS or a post office? The post office guys always handle things well, the sorting guys working the trailers are the ones that beat stuff up.

If you want something shipped safe, always include insurance, at UPS high value items with insurance were always handled by special sorters and treated very delicately.