• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pedigree - Suscha News

231 posts in this topic

There is a slabbed "Ohio" Brave & The Bold 23, dated April-May 1959.

I have a CGC slabbed Ohio copy of Black Cat #15 dated January 1949 .

I have slabbed Ohio copies from the mid 40s.

2234161410102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

2310642220102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

There are hundreds of GA Ohio books from mid-40s and hundreds from the 50s.

Aren't these GA "Ohios" from the Fairborn, Ohio collection? I always thought this collection was distinct from the SA collection originally brought to market by Nelson Dodds.

Aren't these GA "Ohios" from the Fairborn, Ohio collection? I always thought this collection was distinct from the SA collection originally brought to market by Nelson Dodds.

Dodds and Fishler brought the GA Ohio's to the market and that same find did run all the way into the SA.

Nelson brought the whole shebang to a Chicago Con in the '90s. Silver and gold. Harley was one of the first guys to buy books from Nelson at that show. I remember buying a fair stack of Timelys from Harley, including some Marvel Mysterys in the #70s and 80s and Sub-Mariners in the #20s. I also remember looking through Nelson's boxes, but they had been pretty well picked over. But it covered the gamut.

Nelson brought the whole shebang to a Chicago Con in the '90s. Silver and gold. Harley was one of the first guys to buy books from Nelson at that show. I remember buying a fair stack of Timelys from Harley, including some Marvel Mysterys in the #70s and 80s and Sub-Mariners in the #20s. I also remember looking through Nelson's boxes, but they had been pretty well picked over. But it covered the gamut.

I had heard the initial (and largest set of books was brought out by Dodds but that others were brought and initially sold by Fishler.

So the Marvel keys from this Suscha News pedigree are kinda weak: Avengers #1 in 5.5 and X-Men #1 in 4.5. The Massachusetts pedigree this isn't.

imho, those two books alone are enough to keep it out of pedigree status.

If the grades were 9.0+ would your answer be changed?

So the Marvel keys from this Suscha News pedigree are kinda weak: Avengers #1 in 5.5 and X-Men #1 in 4.5. The Massachusetts pedigree this isn't.

Yes, as having high grade key representation is supposed to be indicative of any Silver Age pedigree.

yes, would not immediately eliminate ped status if that was the case

yes, would not immediately eliminate ped status if that was the case

Pfft. Traitor. You just sold out to the Marvel Darkside. Your GL books are now all mine!

i thought this book was pretty pimp....

ama1.14888a.jpg

This is a book where I think you will find the scan is superior to the book in hand. Look how intense the blue is on the CGC label. It doesn't really glow like that in real life. When I see a label that blue I knowthe scan has been enhanced and expect the colors to be a bit more dull.

tough to beat up on a new pedigree until we get to see the whole list.

First day on the boards?

This place is so brutal there is a thread started each morning questioning the validity of the sun rising*.

*Yes, yes, I know, it's not the sun rising but us spinning, blah blah blah :blahblah: .

I like pretty books!!! :insane:

A quick search of metro's site leaves me unimpressed, though... not very high grade books...

Yep, that AF15 is lower grade. Not a very impressive Ped. If he was buying those issues off the stands it seems odd that some books are really high grade and the early keys are beat up...