• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con March 4th-6th 2011

175 posts in this topic

Coming in a day early to check out the sites, will be there Thursday (thumbs u

Any snow or ice on the I-5 yet? It is snowing in Vancouver, BC and there was a 12 inch dump of snow in Victoria, BC a few days ago. Drive safely to Seattle, WA. :gossip:

It's currently snowing and there's about 1 or 2 inches on the ground with the prospect of more over night. But it looks like by the time the start of the week rolls around we'll be looking OK with just rain.

It's a very busy stretch of highway, so I don't think we'll have to worry about snow. Plus, we're CANADIAN!!! You shouldn't be afraid of a couple of inches, c'mon now man! :baiting:

See you there!!!

Been looking forward to this for some time! Especially seeing as how I have been "cooped up" for the better part of a month with health issues! However, I know if canceled again this year, Greggy would no longer speak to me... I can't have that!!!

To me, the best part of the show is the dinner! Many thanks to the Jazz for arranging things. Last time I was at the Daily Grill, I was having lunch with Greggy, Borock and World's Best... I lost my passport there! I called as one of the last hopes of finding it and they had it. It was in my hands 2 days later! Great group of staff and the food is darn good as well :)

Again, really looking forward to it! See you soon...

John (thumbs u

On a plane Thursday morning :headbang:

I booked my flight late (yesterday) as Seattle was tentative for me with lots of family stuff going on at home. Flights went up to $900 a person (2 people traveling) from $300 the week before so I stuck my neck out and did a "best price offer" with priceline.

Got exactly the flight we wanted on our way out there but got stuck with an over nighter on the way back.

:tonofbricks:

Bit of a hassle but we got our flights for $280 each plus taxes. So a $1300 savings that way for the pair of tickets.

This is the cheapest trip I've ever done out West I'm happy about that.

Royce,Danny,Rhonda and Dan.Have a great time .I will be with you there in spirit.

:sorry: Wish you could be there Dennis. I will make sure to take pictures for ya.

Danny

I'll try and drag Dennis to the next one.

I will be swooping into my favorite city in less than twenty-four hours :whee:

Royce,Danny,Rhonda and Dan.Have a great time .I will be with you there in spirit.

:sorry: Wish you could be there Dennis. I will make sure to take pictures for ya.

Danny

I'll try and drag Dennis to the next one.

I will be swooping into my favorite city in less than twenty-four hours :whee:

Too bad you still don't have a pass.

I'm leaving chilliwack at 8 & hope to be there by 11 or so few hours early ... Never really been early before what time do people start lining up normally ?.. Is anyoneat the Roosevelt Hotel as well ?.. I'm wondering what time check in time normally is I want to drop off my lugage first before I hit the con :D checking the site now I figure they should have it listed someplace right ?

Isn't it $5 per additional signature now?

Only if they aren't sitting together.

So if you want multiplesigs & they are not sitting next to each other it costs more $$???? (shrug) I didn't know that I'm very unsure about how SS works :S I want to get one of those books signed by everyone as well (its funny I was wonderng what book I should find/buy at the con to get mike to SS this con exclusive was just too perfect imo! )! I also aim to get some media photos SS like shatner

oh this is lame ...

Check In: 4:00PM

Check Out: 12:00PM

& the convention starts at 2 ... what are you guys who are flying suppose to do with lugage haul it around all day the con ?.. lol Seems like poor planing to me on the hotels part... Don't think I'll say at the Roosevelt Hotel ever again lol Note to self next time look at check in times first!

oh this is lame ...

& the convention starts at 2 ... what are you guys who are flying suppose to do with lugage haul it around all day the con ?.. lol Seems like poor planing to me on the hotels part... Don't think I'll say at the Roosevelt Hotel ever again lol Note to self next time look at check in times first!

Rookie. All Hotels have check-out and check-in times like that.

lol

Go to your hotel and ask for early checkin if available... If not ask them to hold your bags until you come back and check in. They'll give you a luggage tag and put them in storage usually in a room behind the front desk or nearby for free. You'll get them back when you go check-in later in the day.

oh this is lame ...

Rookie. All Hotels have check-out and check-in times like that.

lol

Go to your hotel and ask for early checkin if available... If not ask them to hold your bags until you come back and check in. They'll give you a luggage tag and put them in storage usually in a room behind the front desk or nearby for free. You'll get them back when you go check-in later in the day.

thanks for the tip I shall try that :)

Or stay an extra day. hm

(shrug) you paying ? :baiting: My wallet is already dead :angel: