• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posted: The Full GREEN LANTERN Trailer

87 posts in this topic

I saw this movie already. It was called "Fantastic Four" and starred the guy from The Shield and Jessica Alba. Didn't suck. Was the movie equivalent of two well made egg rolls.

Looks ok, I am just not a big Ryan Reynolds fan.. probably cause he looks like Dane Cook

I think he looks just like Ben Stiller. :eek:

Maybe before someone took a mallet, pounded Stiller on the head, and squashed him down to be like a foot shorter than Reynolds. :makepoint:

Could this movie single-handedly bring about the market crash for GL #76 and Showcase #22? I'm starting to think so after watching that preview. Maybe those effects shots were just early roughs and they are cleaning them up now and making them much less crappy? Isn't that how these things are usually done? :wishluck:

Could this movie single-handedly bring about the market crash for GL #76 and Showcase #22? I'm starting to think so after watching that preview. Maybe those effects shots were just early roughs and they are cleaning them up now and making them much less crappy? Isn't that how these things are usually done? :wishluck:

And replace Ryan Reynolds next?

Then they might have a chance.

I'm a hard core Marvel guy and will admit that DC owns the movie genre with Batman....but.....this looks f*ake and g*ay to use the lame parlance of the youtube generation.

given that, I will pay my $10 to see why all of the DC folks are WAAAAAYYYYY overpaying for GL76. that part will leave me smiling all the way to the end.

ha

This trailer looks a lot better than the ET stuff. I am hopeful that DC will actually pull it off right with this flick now. :wishluck:

As far as Ryan Reynolds, while the comic fanboys may not care for him, as long as a good portion of the public does it does not matter what we think. lol

I'm a hard core Marvel guy and will admit that DC owns the movie genre with Batman....but.....this looks f*ake and g*ay to use the lame parlance of the youtube generation.

given that, I will pay my $10 to see why all of the DC folks are WAAAAAYYYYY overpaying for GL76. that part will leave me smiling all the way to the end.

ha

This movie will have nothing to do with GL #76 prices. Someone named Neal Adams has way more influence over that............................

Yes, they will still be working on the CGI now and likely up until early next year.

While a movie bomb would likely hurt SC #22, it will have minimal impact on GL #76. The current prices have been around for a long time now.

While a movie bomb would likely hurt SC #22, it will have minimal impact on GL #76. The current prices have been around for a long time now.

Do you think that is b/c GL#76 is universally recognized as the true start of the Bronze Age? hm

No and my thought is that the writing of Geoff Johns has a lot more to do with the Green Lantern revival then the movie hype, if you check figures of comics sales of the last two years Green Lantern has consistently outsold the X-men,Spider-man ,Deadpool,Superman and Batman month by month. These Green Lantern comics are the Uncanny X-men for this new generation of comic collectors. In fact Hal Jordan really is the least most interesting thing about these Green Lantern comics, the real interesting characters are the other Green Lanterns and the villians like Sinestro.It also should be an interesting upcoming year(2011) not only for Showcase #22 but JIMJ #83 and Avengers # 4 as well. I would love to see how the market for those three books look in a year. 2c

Looks ok, I am just not a big Ryan Reynolds fan.. probably cause he looks like Dane Cook

I always said Dane Cook was a poor mans Ryan Reynolds

dane cook is a poor man's EVERYTHING! wish movie payers would wake up.

He wasn't bad in Mr. Brooks - at least he go wacked at the end...

Do you think that is b/c GL#76 is universally recognized as the true start of the Bronze Age? hm

Yes. I believe that has been settled in the BA forum already. :devil:

Thread derailment in 10.....9.....8....7...... lol