• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never ever...ever...never...never ever ever....

45 posts in this topic

I have actually had Payal deny me using a credit card. On calling them and escalating they said something about the transaction wont let me use a credit card. They said no matter how many different cards I tried for that transaction it wouldn't go. The only option I had was link to my account or buy one of those GreenDot cards.

No matter what we are a their mercy

...buy something via Paypal with anything other than a credit card, unless you know and trust the seller.

Don't do it.

Seriously.

Edited. Just read your other post. hm so buyers are not 100% protected after all eh.

Yep, I agree. If you know and trust the person then paypal personal is cool.

Paypal personal is NOT "cool" for purchases of goods or services, regardless of how well you know and trust the seller, and regardless of how much it's used around here. Using personal to pay for goods or services is a violation of Paypal's TOS, and theft.

As a buyer, what is the difference between using a CC and bank account in terms of fees, how quickly payments clear, etc. ?

If you use instant transfer, there's no difference in speed of payment between bank account and CC. E-checks do take 4-7 business days to process. Fees are the same, regardless of method of payment, for the purchase of goods or services, and are charged to the recipient.

As a buyer, what is the difference between using a CC and bank account in terms of fees, how quickly payments clear, etc. ?

If you use instant transfer, there's no difference in speed of payment between bank account and CC. E-checks do take 4-7 business days to process. Fees are the same, regardless of method of payment, for the purchase of goods or services, and are charged to the recipient.

The maximum fee for an e-check is $5.

4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

Copied directly from my User agreement via Paypal.com

RMA sounds about right to me...

The maximum fee for an e-check is $5.

Thanks. Forgot about that.

Using personal to pay for goods or services is a violation of Paypal's TOS, and theft.

:baiting: You can only arrive at that conclusion by reading the examples from the FAQ into the UA. No such limitation exists in the UA. Sorry, but you are still wrong. :foryou:

Nope. Sorry, but it is, again, you who are wrong. :foryou: Paypal's User Agreement, section 16 "defintiions":

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US#13. PayPal Purchase Protection.

"“Personal Payment” means amounts sent between two individuals (not to or from a business) without a purchase. Examples of Personal Payments include sending a gift to a friend or paying a friend back for your share of a lunch bill."

Emphasis mine. Right there, in the Paypal User Agreement. Personal payment means "without a purchase." If I am purchasing a good or a service from you (note the verb), I am violating Paypal's UA.

That's ok, I still think you're the bee's knees. :cloud9:

Using personal to pay for goods or services is a violation of Paypal's TOS, and theft.

:baiting: You can only arrive at that conclusion by reading the examples from the FAQ into the UA. No such limitation exists in the UA. Sorry, but you are still wrong. :foryou:

Nope. Sorry, but it is, again, you who are wrong. :foryou: Paypal's User Agreement, section 16 "defintiions":

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US#13. PayPal Purchase Protection.

"“Personal Payment” means amounts sent between two individuals (not to or from a business) without a purchase. Examples of Personal Payments include sending a gift to a friend or paying a friend back for your share of a lunch bill."

Emphasis mine. Right there, in the Paypal User Agreement. Personal payment means "without a purchase." If I am purchasing a good or a service from you (note the verb), I am violating Paypal's UA.

That's ok, I still think you're the bee's knees. :cloud9:

Again, there's that fantastic cutting and pasting ability.