• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this Dave Sim's signature?

54 posts in this topic

I think they are going to be graded in batches, the first batch will be displayed at the June comic con in Toronto. Then they will be sold on eBay.

Of course, Peter and Dave still have to decide on a concrete plan of action.

Dave used to work for Harry, and Harry was very supportive of Cerebus and it may be that the story is somewhat true, but Dave doesn't remember getting damaged copies from Preney. For those of you who don't know who Harry Kremer is, he was the founder and owner of Now and Then Books in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada (about an hour's drive west of Toronto. N&TB is one of the oldest comic shops in North America (it was founded in 1971), Harry passed away about two years ago, and the store was purchased by a former employee, Dave (I'm sorry I don't know his last name off hand).

Kev

425805-cerebus%20the%20aardvark%201%209%5B2%5D.4small.jpg

Here's a scan of the #1 with the signature on the FC for comparisons! 893whatthe.gif

So...I guess NM copies of that book do exist! gossip.gif

We are such teases.

Come by the CGC booth in LA this weekend to see them in person. I'm looking forward to seeing them all graded up myself!

I'll also be premiering the new show poster there as well.

Kev

gaaaah youre kidding!??

they didnt leave ONE of them alone? thats criminal. Now there STILL arent any high grade copies because these sre now IMO ruined . Its ironic too because this thread started with a query about the legitimacy of Daves signature in a book and it was agreed that he ALWAYS signs on the INTERIOR - - - and here, inexplicably (except to get teh almighty yellow SIGNATURE SERIES imprimature, now Dave has defaced the last best un-damaged copies of #1!!!

Im reeling in pain..