• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Cash Sale - Price Reeductions HOS 92 [sold], Nice JLAs, GA, lots more!

10 posts in this topic

I'm thinking this year I will try to pay for stuff with money I actually have rather than paying it off for the rest of my life via my credit card. Novel idea, huh? A rule I used to live by, but I got off track the last few years.

Anyway, I'll put up some tonight, some more tomorrow, the day after that if I'm selling stuff, etc.

Shipping is $5 (Priority Mail) in the USA and whatever cost is for priority to Canada/UK. Most of what will be in this thread is decent or better stuff and I'm hesitant to send it media mail.

First :takeit: or PM for those who don't want others to know what they're buying gets the item.

SOLD VIA PM: First off, here's a nice mid-grade House of Secrets 92, first Swamp Thing! In the 5.5 - 6.0 range, but if you're a pressing type, that bottom right may have some potential for a bump in grade with a press. I honestly have no idea if it would make a difference and hate suggesting that, but I've wondered about that corner for a while.

I'd like $115.

hos92.jpg

hos92back.jpg

Next up is a nice Nick Fury Agent of Shield 1. I call it a VF. There's a little chippy on the back (see scan), which is why I don't call it a 9.0 or higher, and a slight scuff or two on the spine. A really nice tight copy. OPG is $90 in VF, I would like $50 (reduced from $60)...wow, almost 50% off guide on a nice SA Key??

nick1.jpg

nick1back.jpg

Next up is JLA 39. One of those square bound giant sizes and the spine is actually in nice shape. A couple of light spider type creases in the top left. Not sure how to grade this, though I lean toward Fine +. I would like $27 (reduced from $32).

jla39.jpg

jla39back.jpg

Next up, Target Comics Vol. 7, No. 9. Little bit of a spine roll and some bindery rips on top and bottom of spine, but pretty crisp otherwise. This is one that could probably be bumped up a bunch with a nice press, perhaps a good project for someone. I call if a VG/Fine. I would like $13 (reduced from $15) for this (which seems like a pretty nice price for a GA book like this and I suspect I might have paid more once upon a time):

target.jpg

targetback.jpg

Next up, JLA 43. First Royal Flush Gang. This will be worth a ton when the JLA movie comes out and the Royal Flush Gang is their nemesis! (One can only hope...). Structurally a VF+, but I call it a Fine due to some light spots on the white of the cover and the back cover could use some Wonderbread (see scan). I would like $18 (reduced from $20) for this.

jla43.jpg

jla43back.jpg

JLA 27. I grade this as a qualified VF+ to VF/NM other than the bottom staple pull/pop, which probably knocks it down to a Fine or thereabouts. Could use a little wonderbread clean-up on the back. A nice somewhat early SA DC. I would like $30 (reduced from $35) for this. This is a bit of a semi-key I believe and $30 is a nice big chunk below OPG Fine.

jla27.jpg

jla27back.jpg

And now, Airboy Comics Volume 5 Number 3. I really like the feel of these comics and they are "true" Golden Age sized, so a little big (they fit fine in GA mylars in a magazine box). Small rip on bottom of cover, carries through to pages, but doesn't impact story. Tears on back should be clear in scan. The front makes for a nice handsome comic, but the back is going to make this affordable. I dunno, VG/VG-? I'd like $18 (reduced from $21):

airboyvol5no3.jpg

airboyvol5no3back.jpg

Next up we have Volume 4, Number 1. 1 inch spine split on bottom. Little corner crease/chip on bottom right that is visible in the scan is now detached and gone. Some weird spots on the IFC as per the second scan (I had a slabbed Hit Comics in 6.5 with a similar spot on the back, I don't know what it is). Some tearing around stables on back cover as well as a long crease (it almost looks in the scan like a rip was sealed running through the coupon on the back, but that is, in fact, a crease). G/VG? I would like $30 (redcued from $33) for this.

airboyvol4no1.jpg

airboyvol4no1cover.jpg

airboyvol4no1back.jpg

Finally, Airboy Volume 5, Number 5. Dust shadow on spine and IFC has tanning. Bottom of comic is a little "bent", something that could easily be pressed out. Fine Minus/VG/Fine? I would like $38 (reduced from $42) for this:

airboyvol5no5.jpg

airboyvol5no5back.jpg

Alright, here's JLA 37, a JSA/JLA cross-over, the first SA Mr. Terrific (who will be THE STAR in the upcoming JLA movie according to the gnome who sits on my left shoulder and mumbles stuff into my ear). The cover also says this one is destined to be a classic, so you kindah need it, right? I grade it a Fine+ and would like $28 for it.

jla37.jpg

jla37back.jpg

Thanks.

Okeedoke...

If anyone wants a further group discount I can do

The Airboys for $75 (prior total after the discounts was $86 -- OPG is $117) shipped in the U.S. (cost minus $5 for Canada/UK)

And the JLAs for $90 (prior total after discounts was $103 -- OPG is $183) shipped in the U.S. (cost minus $5 for Canada/UK)

Both groups for $155 shipped...or toss in the Nick Fury 1 and make it an even $200 shipped in the U.S. (cost minus $5 for Canada/UK)

I added these up in guide and they total $390, so $200 is a pretty nice price, particularly with the GA books in there.

And without the Nick Fury OPG is $300 on the group, so $155 is also a pretty darn nice price.