• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need input......

31 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of getting NM copies of Green Mask #4 and Captain Marvel Adventures #44 for $75? I mean, these books are immaculate. The only real flaw on the Green Mask is a grease pencil "L" on the cover. The pages are WHITE on both of them... they look like they've never been touched. I've never purchased any Golden Age books, and I have NO clue about them... are these worth the money? Are they common books? Is there any interest in them? I don't know, I almost plunked my money down this afternoon, but I need SUPPORT HERE, PEOPLE! Are they worth my hard-earned money? Are these interesting additions to a collection?

I have no idea what either of those books are..but IMO it would always make sense to pick up Golden Age books in high grade..especially if they are super-hero, crime, romance, horror, etc (as long as it's not Lassi tongue.gif)

Brian

You could always send them to me for evaluation.

But seriously...if they are in NM condition then I would drive over there right now and pick them up. auto004.gif

The CM alone is worth that and some...

I agree with Brian. Anytime you can p/up NM GA books for that price, you should definately do it. Don't really know much about the Green Mask, but Captain Marvel was a popular character then. I'd say its a hell of a deal. Go get 'em!!!!

Chris

All right! Woo hah! I feel so ... so... embiggened now! Yeah, I may look into buying more... see what he feels like parting with. I mean, these books are just so nice! Hey, there were a few Blue Beetles in there too... I may try to pick up a couple of those. Thanks for the advice, guys!

In all seriousness, please let me know if he has any Captain America books. I'm always looking for these.

You got it, Murph... I didn't see any this time, but if I do, you'll be the first to know!

What issues in particular, out of curiousity?

Anything. I'm even interested in non-Captain America books where he appears on the cover. Before you get into it too deep with this guy, you may want to see if you can detect any restoration..books from the golden age are VERY rare in spectacular grades...especially as nice as you describe..

Brian

murph0's comment about looking out for restoration is worth considering though.

Yeah... that's had me a little me a little worried... but the dealer's a good guy, so I guess it's just a matter of worrying about the guy who sold them to him! :/ See, this is a big problem because I have no idea what these books are even SUPPOSED to look like. Oh well, good thing the Powerball's $125million! wink.gif I'll just dump a few bones into these books, then a few into PB tickets... ahhh. Life is good. Well, it's not bad, anyway.

Blue Beetle's are cool books, especially those with Jack Kamen covers/art.

Was gonna say that myself! et the Blue Beetles. They are great books and have a good following if you want to sell! Get those high grade GA! Get them!

Hi Hi Hi

Hi Grade GA

Cha Cha Cha

And be sure to lettuce know what you got sand post some scan links too! Man, this could be exciting!

You got it!

I know, I told my girlfriend that buying some of those for me would be a "really nice Christmas present"... wink.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to definitely pick up a couple more. You need to stop encouraging me now. I'm going to get out of hand over here! harharhar! grin.gif