• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think JIM 83 6.5 White pages is currently a $10k book?

29 posts in this topic

could be wrong but isn't x-men 1 a bigger key than jim? we know a x-men 1 isn't anywhere near a $10,000 book in 6.5 white pages.

no. i'd take JIM 83 any day of the week over x-men 1.

Me as well, a classic early, early Marvel key. X-Men #1 is a great book too but something about those JIM's....

I think most would go with JIM, but for me X-Men #1 is more important.

Might be more important but is MUCH more available in all grades than JIM 83. X-men 1 is the second most common Marvel key behind DD1. JIM is one of the scarcer, behind TTA27, FF1 and Hulk 1 I believe.

You are probably right. I meant X-Men 1 was more important to me personally.

i have a lead on one but seller wants $10k

GPA Last Sale = $5450

GPA High for 6.5 = $5950

GPA Last Sale for a 7.0 = $7,000

and we know that traditionally there has been a big spread between prices on Marvel keys in the 6.5 to 7.0 range.

GPA Last Sale for a 7.5 = $10,207 (and dropping compared to two sales in 2009).

All of the above sales occured this year.

So, the question is, why are you even considering paying 7.5 money for a book that should be about $3,500-$4,500 less?

hm

A 6.0 copy sold for $6,201 in the July Comiclink auction. While GPA is very useful, it's not the final arbiter of current pricing.

True. I have also been getting over GPA for first tier keys. Sold a CGC 5.5 for $3250 last month when GPA shows $2700 or so. Also sold a CGC 5.5 for $4000 about 6 months ago.

(thumbs u

could be wrong but isn't x-men 1 a bigger key than jim? we know a x-men 1 isn't anywhere near a $10,000 book in 6.5 white pages.

Depends on what you mean by "bigger". X-Men 1 is arguably more significant, but it's cheaper because it's easier to find.

Absolutely.There have been number 1 collectors for decades.Number 83 collectors not so much