• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delivery Confirmation for Canada Good Enough For Paypal

29 posts in this topic

There was a thread a couple weeks ago where Thomas Nielsen, one of our Danish members, said that he could access the Danish post tracking for a USPS Priority package that tracked the package to his door and included his signature.

:

October 15, 2010 03:10 PM Identified abroad

October 16, 2010 04:27 PM Sent to Denmark

October 19, 2010 08:08 AM Arrived in Denmark

October 19, 2010 11:21 PM Arrived at 705 Taulov Pakkecenter (central collection HUB)

October 20, 2010 06:17 AM Arrived at 8700 Horsens Posthus (local postoffice)

October 20, 2010 10:45 AM Delivered to a private recipient (that be me )

Even assuming a scammer would not sign for the package, which would invalidate its use over $250. The more detailed Danish tracking info showed that the package arrived at his local post office. This appears to be the same information that PP accepts for proof of delivery in the USA, but has anyone used a foreign postal services online tracking for PP delivery confirmation?

Most Canadians will tar and feather you for using UPS or Fedex due to their steep brokerage fees

You are absolutely 100% correct here.

UPS and probably FedEx will always charge you a very hefty brokerage fee for processing the parcel. In addition, they make sure that Customs will charge you for 100% of the full documented value of the parcel. And to top it off, if you have a daytime job, you will then have to take a few hours off work to go out to their airport facility to pick up the parcel as they are generally opened for limited hours only. :censored:

I always insist on shipping through USPS as they are the cheapest and most convenient option. Just got 2 items shipped to me from the other side of the United States last week and both of them took only 3 business days. One came by Priority Mail International and the other came by Global Express Mail International. Both had full tracking capability from item drop-off to customer pick-up on both the USPS and Canada Post tracking websites, and the postal outlet only required a 5-minute walk away from my home in the evening. (thumbs u

BTW: The best time to mail something is just before Christmas. Customs is absolutely buried in mail due to the Xmas rush and there is always a huge push to get all the mail delivered before Christmas. Canada Customs didn't even have time to read the Customs declaration before clearing it, otherwise I would have been hit with over $200 in Customs duties alone for the books. Ended up paying only around $35.00 for actual shipping with no further ancillary charges for a 11-lb parcel, which most definitely would not have happened if this had been UPS or FedEx. :banana:

Well thats good news to know that USPS Priority with DC is tracking the complete trip now.

As mentioned before,i've had packages go to Canada and stop being documented once they left customs.Maybe it's the Canadian Post that's being more diligent in making sure the USPS Priority stuff is scanner it's whole journey now.

That's definitely good info to know (thumbs u

Well thats good news to know that USPS Priority with DC is tracking the complete trip now.

As mentioned before,i've had packages go to Canada and stop being documented once they left customs.Maybe it's the Canadian Post that's being more diligent in making sure the USPS Priority stuff is scanner it's whole journey now.

One experience is not the standard. I've had more of what you experienced, in that once a package goes into customs, the tracking stops from there.

And Priority with Delivery Confirmation from the USA? Is this offered again, because it was discontinued in January 2009?

One experience is not the standard. I've had more of what you experienced, in that once a package goes into customs, the tracking stops from there.

And Priority with Delivery Confirmation from the USA? Is this offered again, because it was discontinued in January 2009?

I send microchamber and mylar out with Priority Mail all over the world and this is the standard delivery confirmation I get from USPS:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered Abroad, December 24, 2010, 9:35 am, CANADA

Bullet At Foreign Delivery Unit, December 24, 2010, 8:54 am, CANADA

Bullet Out of Foreign Customs, December 24, 2010, 5:44 am, CANADA

Bullet Into Foreign Customs, December 24, 2010, 12:29 am, CANADA

Bullet Arrived Abroad, December 24, 2010, 12:29 am, CANADA

Bullet International Dispatch, December 17, 2010, 6:50 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Bullet Arrival

Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 15, 2010

Tracking does not stop, but last I spoke with PP about this issue, the above was NOT acceptable proof for delivery confirmation.

Tracking does not stop, but last I spoke with PP about this issue, the above was NOT acceptable proof for delivery confirmation.

Even with sub-$250 packages?

:eek:

Yes! I am pretty sure this is the way tracking has been showing for the last year on all my Priority international packages. It will show the complete trip and delivered into the destination country but again this is NOT acceptable proof to PP even for sub $250 packages. PP basically says "sure it was delivered in Canada, but that is not specific enough to prove it was delivered to the RIGHT part of Canada" the last time I spoke with them about a package that was being disputed abroad (not Canada) that said "Delivered Abroad" just like the above, they said "How would you like to have delivery confirmation to say delivered to the USA for a package you didn't get and the seller was allowed to keep your funds?" I responded with a muttered "frazzlesdjfgeakjbgjenkyvrohgbop".

Even with sub-$250 packages?

:eek:

Yes! I am pretty sure this is the way tracking has been showing for the last year on all my Priority international packages. It will show the complete trip and delivered into the destination country but again this is NOT acceptable proof to PP even for sub $250 packages. PP basically says "sure it was delivered in Canada, but that is not specific enough to prove it was delivered to the RIGHT part of Canada" the last time I spoke with them about a package that was being disputed abroad (not Canada) that said "Delivered Abroad" just like the above, they said "How would you like to have delivery confirmation to say delivered to the USA for a package you didn't get and the seller was allowed to keep your funds?" I responded with a muttered "frazzlesdjfgeakjbgjenkyvrohgbop".

I think that sounds about similar to what happened with my Paypal claim and the "wasn't delivered" dispute that i lost.

It's been a while since it happened,and it may have shown the same tracking info,and wasn't good enough for Paypal.

I might have been wrong in my earlier post about it not showing past customs.I can't remember for sure,I just know i ate $100+ yet never got Negged on Ebay by the buyer,which seemed to scream scam.