• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Dilemma

26 posts in this topic

Jesus

Uh, yeah, he's my Lord and friend wink.gif

Michael Savage is a hate-monger of the worst kind. And he would love that someone was saying that about him.

When you call someone a "hate-monger" is helps to explain your REASONS for labeling someone in this manner. M. Savage has convictions that he feels very strongly about, he sometimes get caught up in the "heat of the moment". IMO, he does get a little carried away from time to time, but if you can "read between the lines", he does make some good points. Most people calling and talking with him KNOW what they are getting into beforehand. He takes his fair share of "hate", hehehe, sounds to me like you don't LIKE him. grin.gif

"Red Diaper Doper Babies" indeed

huh? confused.gif

The man has no real viewpoints except that he is Great and he is fully ready to scream at anyone who tries to pin him down to commiting to one of his absurd opinions.

No real viewpoints? If he didn't have any real viewpoints, then he would never get into the heated discussions that he does. Yes, he is a bit full of himself, and does resort to calling people names (IMO he does it more out of humor), and that is one of the things that keeps the listeners listening. A person that resorts to name calling when they are upset is hardly what I would call a hate-monger though, people like the late A. Hitler are the REAL hate-mongers.

Have you listened to Dr. Laura? I can't stand to listen to that hard hearted woman. I have listened to her cause people to break down into tears from the wrath of her judgement. Usually M. Savage, just causes liberals to get steamed, the truth hurts though, so I can't blam em' wink.gif

"Red Diaper Doper Babies" indeed

MOS, that's who he blames EVERYTHING on. Apparently, anyone born in the 60's is a commie and they can rot as far as he's concerned. I'm surprised you've never heard him talk about it before... he says it about every thirty seconds.

Let me say it this way: I'm fine with Rush. Rush bends the truth to fit his "idea" of reality, that's all fine and good. Michael Savage is just a loudmouthed person_too_unaware_of_social_graces who, unfortunately, is reaching a lot of people who don't have the brainpower to think independently to begin with. His demented "interpretations" of the facts make me physically ill. Some of Rush's stuff is plausible (to a point... he usually goes well beyond that point) -- Savage's verbal detritus is so fraught with falsifications and flat-out lies that it's almost unintelligible.

Have you listened to Dr. Laura? I can't stand to listen to that hard hearted woman. I have listened to her cause people to break down into tears from the wrath of her judgement. Usually M. Savage, just causes liberals to get steamed, the truth hurts though, so I can't blam em'

I have listened to that horrible hypocrite (the nude photo scandal was absolutely HYSTERICAL)... she is an awful person and the only reason these people are breaking down on her show and not on Savage's is because these people are already emotionally distraught and they're sharing their own personal life experiences. I'd get upset talking about stuff like that... especially after someone starts yelling at me about it and telling me what a terrible person I am.

I just hate talk radio. wink.gif

Do you mean he has some balls like Reagan?

It's funny... one of the running jokes in the 80's was that Margaret Thatcher was Ronald Reagan with balls...

But having lived in Texas during Dubya's term as governor, I can say with some certainty that he has a pair of brass ones. And he just has that look about him that suggests he doesn't mind the thought of bombing the out of people to get the job done. Whether he actually does it or not is immaterial. Reagan never pushed the button to launch the nukes, but every one of our enemies thought he was the kind of guy who might. Dubya has that same look.

Gore on the other hand looks like the guy who had his lunch money stolen all through childhood... And political issues aside, that's not what we need... I said two days before his announcement he would absolutely not be the nominee... The are smart enough to know they need a vibrant and exciting candidate. Frankly the scariest thing to come out of the announcements this weekend was that Hillary intends to run in 2008 (possibly with Gore as her running mate). I don't know that the country is ready for her to be president again.... blush.gif