• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics your primary or secondary hobby? What are your other hobbies?

212 posts in this topic

All my hobbies are about equal.

I put time (and money) into all of the following

Cars (05 Mustang, 69 mustang)

motorcycle

Golf

miniature wargaming

drawing

too many hobbies not enough time!

You have a 69 Mustang?

Yep, Pretty much all original down to the Philco AM radio.

I currently have the gas tank (rust in the gas) and interior out of the car (replacing carpets and the floor pans).

Got to get back into it when the weather warms up a bit.

Comics are definitely my primary hobby but I do have a few others. I don't really OA separate only because it's all under my "comic umbrella." :)

I used to be big into PC and console gaming. Now that I own a Mac, not much computer gaming. I'm also married with a toddler, not as much console gaming--though I do manage to play some (I have a Wii and an X-Box360).

I also really, really enjoy painting models, particularly Games Workshop models from the Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40,000, and the Lord of the Rings lines. While I used to paint models a little bit as a kid, I really picked this hobby up when I got into the Army--no idea why. I started playing WH, WH40k, and LOTR after going into a hobby store to buy some models to paint and saw people actually PLAYING games with their models and got hooked. Now, if anyone has every played a tabletop wargame, you know the amount of time these games can eat up. And being both married and a parent, well, let's just say I've played less than 5 games total (all systems combined) in the past 3 to 4 years. But I still paint on occasion when I get the chance.

th_MordorOrcCMDGroup.jpgth_DSCN6470.jpg

I'm also a fan of trains--O scale and HO scale.

th_photo.jpgth_photo-1.jpgth_DSCN6788.jpg

Lastly, I'm also working on writing professionally. No fiction or anything like that, but instead, mainly academic essays and analytical works on late-medieval English Romance, 19th-century American, and Comics. :)

Handbook of Medieval Studies

The Dictionary of Literary Characters

"The Fall of the House of Usher": Poe's Perverted Perspective on the Maimed King

Mac Man, I feel your GW pain. I have had almost every game GW ever produced at one time or another. Got addicted when I was in college in the early 90''s. I have multitudes of figures for fantasy and 40k as well as LOTR. I still play regularly with my friends.

Since becoming a dad, comics is about the only thing I have time for and I’ve been amassing a huge backlog of books I haven’t gotten to read yet.

Back in the old days, I was into '68 – '74 Mopars. In fact, until my current ride that's all I drove with the exeception of an '85 Daytona, the only new car I ever bought. lol I’ve owned a ’75 Coronet wagon, ’71 Charger, ’70 Challenger, ’71 Satellite, ’70 Satellite convertible, ’70 Dart Swinger, ’75 Dart 4-door and ’76 Swinger.

I also used to play guitar and draw. And chase skirts.

Screenwriting - unproduced, but man I've come close. Currently writing an epic period spec.

I wrote two screenplays and an episode of the Simpsons on spec.

I've had a few productions companies tease me a bit years ago. Never got over the hump though. Since getting married and kids, I just never had time to pursue it the way I did before. :cry:

Fantastic idea for a thread - love seeing what everyone does other than comics :)

For me comics is primary, my other hobbies are:

Poker ( played in 2004 World Series of Poker - won my seat with $2 on Pokerstars and ended up winning my $10,000 buy in back :) )

Bowling ( play in a couple of leagues )

PC Games ( first person shooters )

Fourth would be chess

:cloud9:

What is your rating ? :baiting:

I've actually never competed. Just love the game. We had a club at one of the dealerships I worked at and I was always top 2.

How many people in the club?

Dan

Pretty much anyone at the dealership that wanted to play. Most of the technicians 6 or 7, a couple of parts guys, 2 or 3 sales people and a few service advisers and clean up personnel. Maybe 13 or 15 people.

There were a few of us that were usually rotating the top 4 spots but it usually came down between me and a young German fellow named Frieder.

Was Frieder a tech?

Dan

Yes, I think he still is working there as far as I know.

Comics are my primary hobby. For a long time it was the Star Wars and (later) Lord of the Rings Collectible Card games. But those eventually went tits up.

Now, I've gotten back into Legos, primarily Star Wars, but a little of everything else as well.

I also feed my World of Warcraft adiction a few nights a week :shy:

Comics are my main hobby. A close second, my saltwater tanks. I have four ranging from 10-37 gallons. Cooking and azzing around with my dogs bring up the rear. I love my dogs. :cloud9:

You bring your dogs up the rear?

Comics are my primary hobby. For a long time it was the Star Wars and (later) Lord of the Rings Collectible Card games. But those eventually went tits up.

Now, I've gotten back into Legos, primarily Star Wars, but a little of everything else as well.

I also feed my World of Warcraft adiction a few nights a week :shy:

I love Star Wars stuff too, and have a pretty big collection. I rarely add to it anymore though. Star Wars lego is definitely the coolest though, I wish they had it when I was a kid.

Comics are my main hobby. A close second, my saltwater tanks. I have four ranging from 10-37 gallons. Cooking and azzing around with my dogs bring up the rear. I love my dogs. :cloud9:
Thats a hobby i really want to get in to. I want an octopus or cuddlefish!