• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oh, yeah!

97 posts in this topic

in my life, the most nervous i ever went into a movie feeling was spidey I. the favorite fictional character of my life, that i had literally loved since i was 9. i was using mitchum industrial strength roll-on, cuz i was so terrifed that they would blow it, it would suck, it would be cheesy, etc. i came out aglow.

this movie will be #2 on my "nerves" list when i'm heading in to see it.

I am worried this film is going to bite completely--even if it does not only set up the Avengers but an Invaders movie as well. Oh, AND a Howling Commandos pic since they're going to be in it too.

+1 Worrying as well.

I think the actor choice is a tad on the young side for what I envision for Cap, but he is built, looks, and fits well for the character.

As for the costume design used in the movie, as of now (gotta see it in action), I'm not a fan.

My biggest problem with it is the "head gear" design.

+1 Worrying as well.

I think the actor choice is a tad on the young side for what I envision for Cap, but he is built, looks, and fits well for the character.

As for the costume design used in the movie, as of now (gotta see it in action), I'm not a fan.

But consider that Steve Rogers was a 4F wannabe soldier in WWII when he was give the super soldier serum. It's likely he was in the 18-24 age-range. So for early Cap adventures, he should probably be young. Remember that in WWII, we had 19-year-olds flying bombers.

When Cap was put on ice to wait for the Avengers 4 relaunch, he was probably in his early 30s. So the Silver Age Marvels likely had him at an appropriate age.

+1 Worrying as well.

The head gear isn't bad. If it had the little baby wings protruding, it would look ridiculous. Some things just don't move straightforwardly from the page to the screen. The cosume looks alright to me - it could have been much, much worse.

But the costume is only one of many things that could have gone wrong... wait and see :wishluck:

+1 Worrying as well.

The head gear isn't bad. If it had the little baby wings protruding, it would look ridiculous. Some things just don't move straightforwardly from the page to the screen. The cosume looks alright to me - it could have been much, much worse.

But the costume is only one of many things that could have gone wrong... wait and see :wishluck:

I love most superhero movies. In fact, the only comic related movies that I have seen that I didn't like, were the Hulk movies.

I didn't care at all that Green Goblin's costume was a radical departure from the comics in Spidey 1

BUT, I hasten to add, the picture posted above makes me extremely skeptical about this movie. I hate the look above, and hope it is only "working" costume and not the final product :wishluck:

disagree on the age of the actor--in fact, evans is probably older than the runt that drinks the potion in cap 1. disagree on the costume--i love it. this is a ww II soldier's uniform/costume we're talking about here. i love the way they've incorporated some of the prototypical cap stuff into utilitarian stuff in the finished product. i hope it changes not at all, and what we see here is what we see in the flick.

and anybody who loves the character SHOULD be worried about whether it fulfills the promise of it's source material. i sure am.

pons, you liked batman and robin better than norton's hulk?

BUT, I hasten to add, the picture posted above makes me extremely skeptical about this movie. I hate the look above, and hope it is only "working" costume and not the final product :wishluck:

There's a lot of bad buzz out there about this movie, because of this photo and behind the scenes rumors.

But I think everybody in this forum probably remembers the months leading up to Batman '89 very well. (some 2 decades ago though they were now, erk)

I agree with the sentiment that our superhero movies tend to get prejudged to a huge extent, sometimes based on very little. It's tough bringing the comic book world into a real life setting sometimes, but in general we're getting better at it.

There's a lot of bad buzz out there about this movie, because of this photo and behind the scenes rumors.

But I think everybody in this forum probably remembers the months leading up to Batman '89 very well. (some 2 decades ago though they were now, erk)

I agree with the sentiment that our superhero movies tend to get prejudged to a huge extent, sometimes based on very little. It's tough bringing the comic book world into a real life setting sometimes, but in general we're getting better at it.

my son was 5 when it came out. if you recall, a short little commercial hit the t.v. months and months before the movie premiered. it was the scene when the bat holds the baddie out over the roof edge, and the thug says, "don't kill me" or words to that effect. bat says "i'm not going to kill you--i want you to tell your friends about me." guy asks "who, who are you"?? keaton says----"i'm batman." my son saw that a hundred times before we went to the movie.

so the scene finally comes around. packed theater. everyone on the edge of their seats, cuz we're finally getting a good look at the main attraction. thug asks "who are you," and my son hollers out "I'M BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

he brought the house down. still a famous family story. movie-wise, second only to what he and his 18 mos. younger sister did at "warlock."

disagree on the age of the actor--in fact, evans is probably older than the runt that drinks the potion in cap 1. disagree on the costume--i love it. this is a ww II soldier's uniform/costume we're talking about here. i love the way they've incorporated some of the prototypical cap stuff into utilitarian stuff in the finished product. i hope it changes not at all, and what we see here is what we see in the flick.

and anybody who loves the character SHOULD be worried about whether it fulfills the promise of it's source material. i sure am.

pons, you liked batman and robin better than norton's hulk?

Sadly, yes

my son was 5 when it came out. if you recall, a short little commercial hit the t.v. months and months before the movie premiered. it was the scene when the bat holds the baddie out over the roof edge, and the thug says, "don't kill me" or words to that effect. bat says "i'm not going to kill you--i want you to tell your friends about me." guy asks "who, who are you"?? keaton says----"i'm batman." my son saw that a hundred times before we went to the movie.

so the scene finally comes around. packed theater. everyone on the edge of their seats, cuz we're finally getting a good look at the main attraction. thug asks "who are you," and my son hollers out "I'M BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

he brought the house down. still a famous family story. movie-wise, second only to what he and his 18 mos. younger sister did at "warlock."

Great story. (thumbs u

I like the Cap costume. The helmet not so much, but the costume looks rugged and functional.

Of course I'm nervous about this film too, but I think the best decision they've made so far is to set it in WWII. I'm SO glad they didn't try to modernize the origin.

Great story. Yeah, I remember the excitement amping up when the commercial hit and the I'm Batman moment. :)

But man... remember how nervous everybody was in the pages of CBG over the movie? Different world then, everybody feared a redo of the tv show. I still think back to that year as a watershed moment in the industry, just the confluence of lots of important events swirling around. I think I actually saw the movie at the Diamond retailer seminar that year.

in my life, the most nervous i ever went into a movie feeling was spidey I. the favorite fictional character of my life, that i had literally loved since i was 9. i was using mitchum industrial strength roll-on, cuz i was so terrifed that they would blow it, it would suck, it would be cheesy, etc. i came out aglow.

this movie will be #2 on my "nerves" list when i'm heading in to see it.

That picture should cause you to become suicidal, then.

Time to short Cap (and I say that as someone whose favorite character has always been the good Captain).

Please, please, please tell the "Warlock" story. :popcorn:

+1 Worrying as well.

But consider that Steve Rogers was a 4F wannabe soldier in WWII when he was give the super soldier serum. It's likely he was in the 18-24 age-range. So for early Cap adventures, he should probably be young. Remember that in WWII, we had 19-year-olds flying bombers.

When Cap was put on ice to wait for the Avengers 4 relaunch, he was probably in his early 30s. So the Silver Age Marvels likely had him at an appropriate age.

Very good points. hm