• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your latest Copper Gems...

14 posts in this topic

So, at the AZ comic con this last weekend, I scored some sweet, sweet Charltons, including decent high grade copies of the following:

Fightin' 5 #47

Fighting Marines #162, 169

Funny Animals #2

Punchy & the Black Crow #10-12

Scary Tales #31

Zoo Animals #1

All for 60 cents each. Yay.

Plus, a good swath of Gold Key/Whitman 79-83 books, including several Whitman variants. Yay.

Also....a nice solid score of Bat books from #401-440, including a solid 6-8 9.8 copies of #436 (which has been a BEAR to find in 9.8 for me)...and a bunch of McFarlane amazings for $1.50 each. Yay.

No scans because I don't have a scanner here, and I don't like any of you anyways.

:cloud9:

So, at the AZ comic con this last weekend, I scored some sweet, sweet Charltons, including decent high grade copies of the following:

Fightin' 5 #47

Fighting Marines #162, 169

Funny Animals #2

Punchy & the Black Crow #10-12

Scary Tales #31

Zoo Animals #1

All for 60 cents each. Yay.

Plus, a good swath of Gold Key/Whitman 79-83 books, including several Whitman variants. Yay.

Also....a nice solid score of Bat books from #401-440, including a solid 6-8 9.8 copies of #436 (which has been a BEAR to find in 9.8 for me)...and a bunch of McFarlane amazings for $1.50 each. Yay.

No scans because I don't have a scanner here, and I don't like any of you anyways.

:cloud9:

It's "Zoo Funnies #1," philistine. And I have never seen the Punchy's (assuming you have the name of that book correct). Please post pics.

It's "Zoo Funnies #1," philistine. And I have never seen the Punchy's (assuming you have the name of that book correct). Please post pics.

:baiting: Punchy

What, are you getting protection money from him or something?

Those Punchy's are sweet, though. I have absolutely not seen them before. :cloud9:

Those Punchy's are sweet, though. I have absolutely not seen them before. :cloud9:

Oops. Yes, Zoo FUNNIES, not animals. Was confuzzled. I'll post a pic if I can. Coming home this week. Yay.

Also....a nice solid score of Bat books from #401-440, including a solid 6-8 9.8 copies of #436 (which has been a BEAR to find in 9.8 for me)...:cloud9:

How about 426-429...? Some folks think they're classics... (shrug)

Also....a nice solid score of Bat books from #401-440, including a solid 6-8 9.8 copies of #436 (which has been a BEAR to find in 9.8 for me)...:cloud9:

How about 426-429...? Some folks think they're classics... (shrug)

No, only 1-2 copies of each, and not 9.8 material. $20 for a 9.0 Bats #428 isn't my cup of tea.

Cool, but easy to find.

Cool, but easy to find.

The problem with these and other obscure 80's books is that it's not that they're particularly rare...but rather, they suffer from lack of advertising,.

I did not know Punchy even existed before I saw them. I grabbed them immediately, but they aren't *that* hard to find (though a couple of purchases may make that untrue.)

Sure, they show up in a Mile High search...if you're looking specifically for them. It's hard to look for something you don't even know exists, though. That's the most important hurdle to get over.

By the way, what was this title from #1-9? Anything?