• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your honest value on the Batman #3 Rockford

58 posts in this topic

Value on a 7.0 restored Batman 3 - probably between $600-700 in today's market (good Overstreet is $807). The Rockford pedigree may bounce it up a couple hundred, but I can't see it going for over $1K.

Well, the Overstreet value in a FN/VF 7.0 is $3,800 (which I think is too high). The demand doesn't seem to be there for the mid-grade Batman issues. Plus, it's restored. So I'd go with a value of around $1,000 (1/4 guide).

Honestly... Unless you really need the money, I wouldn't sell it right now. Restored books (even from the Golden Age) are so taboo, that you will certainly lose money selling it right now. It just isn't worth it to sell this for a measly $1K. I truly believe the restored market will eventually take a turn for the beter in the future. (It has to!- It's at rock bottom right now!) ...Especially restored books that have only C and P!

Like playing the stock market, it's better to buy low and sell high right??? In this case, I would imagine whoever bought this book would have bought it expecting no restoration...Thus he paid a premium. Now you are going to pawn it off? Hang on to it until the restored market turns around or you resubmit.

I think you're probably looking at around $900-1000 on the book right now. I would take this copy over a blue-label 2.0, but I would choose a blue 4.0 over the Rockford copy any day... and right now the rest of the market seems to be making the same choice...

$500 or less - to someone willing to buy a restored Batman 3 at this mid grade. This is a gift you received last month from an uncle, and you are looking to sell it now??? AS mentioned before, bad move selling restoreds on the market today. The majority is justified in asking fractions of Good guide price for a restored book.

If you were the type to crack this out and resell with restoration undisclosed then you'll probably be more able to get the price you are seeking confirmation on from forum members.

I am not in the market to buy right now but if I were you I would not sell for less than $2500.00.

The restoration is almost nothing. I'll bet if you re-submit you may very well get a blue lable.

I was told that when Rockfords were first sold they sold at a premium 1.5 guide

now they are 2 times? so if your book is worth say $4000.00 x 1.5=$6000.00

$2500.00 is a steal.

Sorry guys not to hurt your ego's but your evaluation especially the last one $500?? almost gave me a heart attack from laughter!!

Do any of you gentelmen have expensive books you would like to share with the rest of us?? how about posting a scan as this gentelmen has. smirk.gif

Hulkie - this one's ego is too inflated to crush...$500 may have been a bit much...I should have said $5...

I wouldn't pay more than $5 for a restored book but that is just me. I don't like restoreds and this thread was open to everyone's opinion, misguided or not, last I checked... tongue.gif

Here is a $2000 book, just for Hulkie... grin.gif

Thank you for your scan of the over inflated worthless soon to be modern.

These books have as much credibility as Enron stock (speculation)

Anyone who pays $2000 for a book like that should invest in stocks right now.

Sorry Darth but that does not cut it... I was refering to some REAL expensive books Gold books that has held there value for decades.

Thanks anyway but the $5.00 value should be turned around that is what this book is really worth wink.gif

By the way nice web site wink.gif

Happy Holidays! anispiderman.gif

I'll go out on a limb here and say there's no way in hell it goes for 2,500 dollars. An unrestored 7.0 went for 1,500? I think, on Heritage..it wouldn't make sense for someone to pay 1,000 dollars more for a book that's restored..

Brian

Some other prices for comparison:

Batman #3 CGC FN/VF 7.0 November 25, 2001---- $2,990

Batman #3 CGC VF 8.0 March 16, 2002----$7,188

Batman #3 CGC VF+ 8.5 OW CGC VF+ 8.5 July 07, 2002--- $6,900

Batman #3 CGC VF- 7.5 Cream to OW -CGC VF- 7.5 October 12, 2002--- $2,990

Batman #3 "D" Copy pedigree CGC FN 6.0 OW to W CGC FN 6.0

December 07, 2002--- $1,495

There was two additional copies of Batman3 for sale in December auction

VF8.0 and F/VF7.0 but they remained unsold.

I think this is not a good time to sell this book.

Batman #3 CGC VF 8.0 March 16, 2002----$7,188

Batman #3 CGC VF+ 8.5 OW CGC VF+ 8.5 July 07, 2002--- $6,900

Batman #3 CGC VF- 7.5 Cream to OW -CGC VF- 7.5 October 12, 2002--- $2,990

Yikes - whoever bought that 8.0 copy is screwed! He paid $4,000 more than a copy that graded .5 lower, and $300 higher than a copy that graded .5 higher.