• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Comic Zone Radio Show Today with McFarlane & Romita, Sr.!!

14 posts in this topic

Check out The Comic Zone„ online radio show with guest host Ed Sanchez. If

you missed last weeks show, you missed a great one including an interview

with GP Analysis founder George Pantela.

Listen to the archive at:http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archive.asp?aid=1130

Monday the 22nd of March at 3pm EST guests will include two of the biggest

artists to ever be associated with Spider-Man artists Todd Mcfarlane and

John Romita Sr. To listen go to:

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/comicShow.html

Past guests have included artists Neal Adams, Jim Steranko, Mike Mignola,

Terry Austin, Murphy Anderson, Mark Bagley, Walt Simonson, Al Feldstein,

Jack Kamen, Joe Kubert, Irwin Hasen, writers Peter David, Mike San Giacomo,

sculptor Randy Bowen, comic historian Arlen Schumer, actor David Carradine

and director Sandy Collora-Batman Dead End!

I might be a bit biased, but I thought that today's show was really awesome. I am still thinking about what Todd McFarlane said about getting crappy inkers in the beginning of his career - I had to laugh when he said that Vince Colleta worked with him at first! Makes his success all the more admirable!

DAM

Hey I missed it, west coast and was working, were can I listen to the broadcast - ya those are two Icons in the Biz and had argueably the biggest impact on one of the most important characters.

I have really really enjoyed your show.

also , I like the fact I can listen to it when I want to, .

Thanks very much for your hard work, and I hope you are able to continue to grow your show, and audience.

Doesnt hurt either if you sell a few comics either!

Zeman

Hey Guys-

First off thanks for your support and your kind words. I really love doing the show and am glad you are enjoying it.

Ed Sanchez hosted the show yesterday and I haven't been able to listen yet-can't wait though as I heard it was really good. I just got back from LA Wizard- busy show - a lot of books changed hands...

While there I was able to talk to Kurt Busiek, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Rob Liefeld, David Mack, James O'barr, Alec Peters (owner of auction works), Buzz, Kevin Smith and I have a possible lead on Frank Miller.

PS I also ran into Klaus Janson a few weeks ago in Union Square - he is involved with MOCCA. Wouldn't it be great to have them both on!

Talk to you all soon-

Vincent

Hey Guys-

First off thanks for your support and your kind words. I really love doing the show and am glad you are enjoying it.

Ed Sanchez hosted the show yesterday and I haven't been able to listen yet-can't wait though as I heard it was really good. I just got back from LA Wizard- busy show - a lot of books changed hands...

While there I was able to talk to Kurt Busiek, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Rob Liefeld, David Mack, James O'barr, Alec Peters (owner of auction works), Buzz, Kevin Smith and I have a possible lead on Frank Miller.

PS I also ran into Klaus Janson a few weeks ago in Union Square - he is involved with MOCCA. Wouldn't it be great to have them both on!

Talk to you all soon-

Vincent

Vincent

I listened to this most recent program, and this is the second time I've tuned in since the shows inception. I thoroughly enjoyed the format, and guests from this particular show. Kudos to the program organizers.

If I may however provide you with some constructive criticism; I thought that Ed Sanchez was fairly weak on the interviewing side of the show. There were a few instances where the discussion seemed to just deflate. In fairness, it might have more to do with the main WTR hosts interviewing strengths in comparison, often overshadowing Ed. Mind you, the nice thing about the talk-radio format is that you can get away with a rather informal discussion between guests and hosts, and still pull away from it some very interesting programming.

Great work! thumbsup2.gif

Keep in mind Comwiz- this was Ed's first hosting job on a radio show. I think overall he did a good job. I am listening to it right now- how cool was it having Todd and John on at the same time- it's like reading a Marvel Team-Up- two creators for the price of one!

Vincent

Keep in mind Comwiz- this was Ed's first hosting job on a radio show. I think overall he did a good job. I am listening to it right now- how cool was it having Todd and John on at the same time- it's like reading a Marvel Team-Up- two creators for the price of one!

Vincent

Totally understandable. I just thought I'd relay what I heard and offer some contructive criticism, and I agree (and I'm sure I speak on behalf of a lot of collectors frequenting these boards) that this was one of the best and only opportunitites I've ever had to listen to either artist in an up-close and personal manner. Truly awesome! . thumbsup2.gif