• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will your collection be worth in 10 years?

How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?

81 posts in this topic

Lets assume that you stopped collecting today and didn't buy another comic and locked up everything you have in a time capsule to be opened 3/23/14. What do you think the value of your collection will be a decade from now?

Hmmmm I am curious to know what trends the people that say their collection will be worth half of its current value in 10 years are looking at to base their answer on. I don't think too many Golden, Silver, or Bronze Age comics are going to drastically loose their value. Does anyone have an example of this happening in the past with regards to specific age, character, or grade of comics loosing half their value? I can see individual comics maybe loosing half their value, but not a industry wide 50% drop in value. I can only think that maybe their collections consist mainly of 1990-2000 comics that haven't been proven yet, like Spider-man Maximum Clonage. Even waaaay over-printed titles like Spawn #1 and X-men #1 will have some minimal increase in value.

Even waaaay over-printed titles like Spawn #1 and X-men #1 will have some minimal increase in value.

I'm just going to go with your "bottom line" here.

Why? Why will they increase in value? Nothing says they HAVE to increase in value, so why will they? The huge influx of new collectors with great interest in restarts? (That was sarcasm.)

Just because stuff is OLDER doesn't mean it's actually worth anything. I think comic collectors should start looking around at other "antiques" for lessons on what stuff is actually "worth."

All I can say is that people that think their collection will be worth a quarter or half of its current value 10 years from now should PM me with a list of their Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age Marvel Super-Hero comics and I will make you an offer for 26% and 51% respectively right now.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hmmmm I am curious to know what trends the people that say their collection will be worth half of its current value in 10 years are looking at to base their answer on. I don't think too many Golden, Silver, or Bronze Age comics are going to drastically loose their value. Does anyone have an example of this happening in the past with regards to specific age, character, or grade of comics loosing half their value? I can see individual comics maybe loosing half their value, but not a industry wide 50% drop in value. I can only think that maybe their collections consist mainly of 1990-2000 comics that haven't been proven yet, like Spider-man Maximum Clonage. Even waaaay over-printed titles like Spawn #1 and X-men #1 will have some minimal increase in value.

You're asking some collectors who only collect CGC books. Obviously, as more and more graded CGC books are added to the census, some books will prove to be not so rare after all. Non-keys are already falling in price.

All I can say is that people that think their collection will be worth a quarter or half of its current value 10 years from now should PM me with a list of their Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age Marvel Super-Hero comics and I will make you an offer for 26% and 51% respectively right now.

No PMs from people wanting to sell to me for a better profit than what they think their collection will be worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

Non-keys are already falling in price.

Do you have any examples of GA, SA, or BA comics CGC or raw consistently falling in price over a period of years? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah,...it's called GP anaylisis,...look at any non-key Golden book.....or even Silver for that matter.....prices have been steadily declining since they started in 2002..... tongue.gif

Non-keys are already falling in price.

Do you have any examples of GA, SA, or BA comics CGC or raw consistently falling in price over a period of years? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah,...it's called GP anaylisis,...look at any non-key Golden book.....or even Silver for that matter.....prices have been steadily declining since they started in 2002..... tongue.gif

I am a Marvel guy and I don't really know too much about the GP analysis (is it free or do you have to subscribe?). Anyhow, could you please provide me with some examples of non-key Silver Age Super-Hero Marvels like Spider-man, Daredevil, X-men, Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Journey Into Mystery, Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense, and Strange Tales that are steadily declining so I can pick them up for cheap later? Thanks.

No PMs from people wanting to sell to me for a better profit than what they think their collection will be worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

This comment has to be the dumbest thing you're ever written, and trust me, that's saying a lot. 893frustrated.gif

Now let's go over your "offer".

Let's say you can sell Comic X for $3,000 on EBay TODAY.

You want me to sell you Comic X for $1500 TODAY, just because I think that comic will be worth $1500 in a decade?

Gee, what a deal! I think all your lack of responses means, is that board members are not Grade A . 893applaud-thumb.gif

You asked a question relating to comic values 10 YEARS in the future. That's 10 YEARS from now, and most smart collectors realize that values will drop, but already have a "slow but sure" escape plan to sell off their excess books over the next couple of years. I know I do.

Now, unless you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, why would anyone sell you their books for below-market TODAY (rather than just listing them on EBay or ComicLink), when your question referred to 10 YEARS from TODAY? Do you really think people like myself are just going to sit on their books, knowing that demographics will hammer comic books values, and wait a decade before selling? 27_laughing.gif

Think about it, and stop acting like a tool. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This comment has to be the dumbest thing you're ever written, and trust me, that's saying a lot. 893frustrated.gif

It is called using sarcasm to make a point and to try and draw out into the open which believe their comics will be worth half or a quarter of their current value a decade from now. Looks like I caught one. makepoint.gif Only someone with the intellect of a pea would take it for anything more than sarcasm.

Now let's go over your "offer".

Let's say you can sell Comic X for $3,000 on EBay TODAY.

You want me to sell you Comic X for $1500 TODAY, just because I think that comic will be worth $1500 in a decade?

Gee, what a deal! I think all your lack of responses means, is that board members are not Grade A . 893applaud-thumb.gif

No, it means everyone except YOU understood my sarcasm and the point I was making and aren't Grade A . 893applaud-thumb.gif

You asked a question relating to comic values 10 YEARS in the future. That's 10 YEARS from now, and most smart collectors realize that values will drop, but already have a "slow but sure" escape plan to sell off their excess books over the next couple of years. I know I do.

Sounds like someone is speculating to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Think about it, and stop acting like a tool. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This coming from someone that predicts TGC every other thread. foreheadslap.gif

I'll be happy to sell you a collection of Silver and Bronze Marvels at 51% guide.Just buy at least 1,000 and anywhere up to 10,000.If you have 10grand to spend,I'll throw in some extras so you'll get $23,000 in value.Even deliver them to your apartment in Jersey for gas and tolls. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe you should try to do a better job of masking your identity before you get banned...AGAIN. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't believe he's still online, and not banned yet. Hammer comes on, and he's toast in a NY minute, but Mmmarvel morphs to Marvelous, and somehow this escapes them. 27_laughing.gif

I'll be happy to sell you a collection of Silver and Bronze Marvels at 51% guide.Just buy at least 1,000 and anywhere up to 10,000.If you have 10grand to spend,I'll throw in some extras so you'll get $23,000 in value.Even deliver them to your apartment in Jersey for gas and tolls. thumbsup2.gif

PM me a list of what you got. I have my 10g waiting.

Do we have to have a re-run of all this [!@#%^&^] with you and JC again? 893frustrated.gif Maybe you should try to do a better job of masking your identity before you get banned...AGAIN. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe you should butt out. JC is the one who started with the name calling, not I. Of course you wouldn't see that because you are one of his bosom buddies.