• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will your collection be worth in 10 years?

How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?

81 posts in this topic

I only collect HG SA and BA Marvel Super-Hero comics.

Too bad. Either step up to "your collection will be worth much more in 10 years" plate, or go home.

Break out your HG Byrne X-men and lets deal JC. My $10k is waiting for ya. I don't want your mid-grade Archies and Millie the Models.

I'm curious as to what insufficiently_thoughtful_person specs are paying, now post the Auction ID.

Didn't buy it at an auction.

Why am I not surprised. 27_laughing.gif

Guess you never had any transactions outside of auctions to buy your comics, huh JC?

Break out your HG Byrne X-men and lets deal JC. My $10k is waiting for ya. I don't want your mid-grade Archies and Millie the Models.

Are you really this stupid? No really?

Look up the term "comic collection", and then take a few dollars out of your wallet and buy a clue.

Are you really this stupid? No really?

Look up the term "comic collection", and then take a few dollars out of your wallet and buy a clue.

Stupid would be someone who claims that he believes in TGC and that the value of his comics will drastically decrease in value, but won't sell. This same person claims he doesn't care about the monetary value of his collection and isn't a spectator, but finds the need to keep track of every auction known to man. You are debating yourself here JC, not me. If you [!@#%^&^] in the wind you are going to get wet.

How shocking is it that this guy collects High Grade Bronze Age Marvels? And people wonder which books are most vulnerable to price corrections.....

Probably bought his home at 5% down and has re-financed it twice, putting the extra cash into a car at $0 down. Personal bankruptcy, here we come. wink.gif

Maybe you should butt out. JC is the one who started with the name calling, not I. Of course you wouldn't see that because you are one of his bosom buddies.

Nice to see you are continuing to win friends and influence people on the boards. 27_laughing.gif

At the price offered,you can pretty much pick any of the 100s of boxes in my warehouse.PM me or post here a few references of people who know you and then you can drive your H2 to either of my storage warehouses(climate controlled,of course)

The real question would be why anyone would be willing to pay 50% guide for anything when they can buy day and nite on ebay for much less.Or hike up to Dolgoffs and save even more. Heck,I have trouble getting half guide at most cons these days.

So,is Cap111 worth $80 like it says in OS or $13 like I just paid on ebay.I'll sell it to you for $20,1/4 guide and still make a 40% profit.

Why would I hold books ten years when I can flip the same book twenty-fold in the same period.

Comics are a hobby,but who says a hobby can't be profitable?

Heres some free advice,quit wasting time on boards that you've already be banned on,learn how to reconize gold from [!@#%^&^] on ebay,and maybe someday you'll be able to move out of that tiny apartment in JC. 893frustrated.gif

I figure it will double as 75% of the dollar value of my collection is in Marvel keys in above average to high grade. I don't see them losing steam any time soon. There will be some casualties like the ASM Punisher issues for example but the pre 1968 stuff will still have legs. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Non-keys are already falling in price.

Do you have any examples of GA, SA, or BA comics (CGC or raw) consistently falling in price over a period of years? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC 9.6 or lower Amazing Spider-Mans in the 150s, 160s and 170s, since 2001. Please feel free to look up the GPA and post it. Further, please feel free to send me what I paid for those 9.6 Spider-Man books in 2002. I'll take 75%.

Do you have any examples of GA, SA, or BA comics (CGC or raw) consistently falling in price over a period of years?

I remember when many Gerber no-shows used to go for really crazy money. They've rebounded some, but still many don't go for the insane prices I used to see in the mid 1990's.

All you really need to do is pick up a stack of Overstreet Annuals and check the market reports.

I remember back in the late-70's, the GL/GA Adams books were hot, but by the mid-80's they were tough to give away and dropping in the OS. Sure, some may sell for a lot now in ultra-high grade, but you probably lost money (counting inflation) if you bought NM in the mid-70's and held them til today.

Basically anything that is ultra-hot soon after publication tends to either drop in value, or stagnate for long periods of time, and fall below the inflation rate. And that's assuming you even got the raw grade you bought at back then, and the books weren't restored.