• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Cochran

9 posts in this topic

Got this email a few days ago - it's a shame!

I'm going to have to be completely honest with you now. My business, which has been in existence since 1971...that's FORTY YEARS...is in financial trouble, and unless something changes soon, I will be closing my doors before 2011 is over.

I've already had to terminate my oldest employee, Chris Rock, who was with me for 35 years. Chris worked on all the EC projects with me, he went to NYC with me to photograph the EC art for the EC portfolios, and it was very difficult for me to tell him that he was being laid off. This leaves only two other employees, Angie Meyer and Judy Goodwin, and right now my monthly sales through my website, eBay, and Amazon are not enough to cover their salaries.

I'm hoping to get permission from the Gaines Estate to continue publishing the EC ARCHIVES series, but unless this comes soon, my publishing days will be ended. With no new products to offer you, all I can do is to offer special deals on the items I do have in inventory. I would rather sell them to you, my faithful customers, at a lower price than to wholesale them to dealers and booksellers.

So here are some special offers being made only to my internet customer list:

1. THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN COLLECTING, a hardcover, limited-edition book in slipcase, which originally sold for $200, I now offer for only $45.

2. Your choice of any three EC ARCHIVES books (11 are available out of 13 which have been published) for $95, or any ten EC ARCHIVES books for $285. These are the lowest prices I have ever offered for these books.

3. The following special deals on EC ANNUALS:

TALES FROM THE CRYPT: Annuals 3, 4, 5 and 6, the last 20 issues, all for $20.

THE VAULT OF HORROR: Annuals 1 thru 6, the complete 29-issue run, all for $30.

THE HAUNT OF FEAR: Annuals 1 thru 6, the complete 28-issue run, all for $30.

ALL OF THE ABOVE, 16 ANNUALS CONTAINING THE NEW TREND EC HORROR COMICS, FOR $70.

ALL ELEVEN EC SCIENCE FICTION ANNUALS, FOR $55. This is a complete collection of EC's s-f comics except for WEIRD SCIENCE Annual #2, which is sold out.

ALL NINE EC SUSPENSTORIES (SHOCK SS AND CRIME SS) ANNUALS FOR $45. This is a complete collection of EC's suspense comics except for SHOCK Annual #2, which is sold out.

ALL EIGHT EC WAR COMICS (complete runs of TWO-FISTED TALES and FRONTLINE COMBAT) ANNUALS FOR $40.

ALL EIGHT "NEW DIRECTION" EC COMICS ANNUALS: MD, PSYCHOANALYSIS, PIRACY (2 VOLUMES), VALOR, EXTRA!, ACES HIGH, IMPACT FOR $40.

ALL THREE PANIC ANNUALS (Al Feldstein's answer to Kurtzman's MAD) for $15.

ALL FOUR EC "PRE-TREND" CRIME ANNUALS FOR $20.

AND, FINALLY, THE BEST DEAL OF ALL, VIRTUALLY A COMPLETE COLLECTION OF EC COMICS IN THE ANNUAL FORMAT, ALL OF THE ABOVE, EVERYTHING FOR $200.

And last but not least:

HOPALONG CASSIDY TRADE EDITION (list price $75) for $35.

LES PAUL--IN HIS OWN WORDS TRADE EDITION (list price $75) for $35.

These last two books are hardcover, high-quality, 368 page books which are considered to be the definitive reference and picture books on Hoppy and Les Paul. These are new copies in DJ.

So, you can get some good bargains while helping me to stay afloat by ordering any of the above specials. Thanks for your business, and thanks for the last forty years!!

******************************************************************************************

You can go to my website www.russcochran.com to see images of all these and everything that's available. E-mail Angie or Judy at comicart@russcochran.com or call them at 417-256-1311 to place your order.

I thought the news of Russ Cochran potentially going out of business might be of interest to the participants in the Golden Age forum. I wasn't posting it as an "ad".

If you want people to order from the list, then put it in the marketplace. People who only check general and silver age boards can also have an opportunity to buy at discount prices. That might be helpful, right?

I thought the news of Russ Cochran potentially going out of business might be of interest to the participants in the Golden Age forum. I wasn't posting it as an "ad".

If you want people to order from the list, then put it in the marketplace. People who only check general and silver age boards can also have an opportunity to buy at discount prices. That might be helpful, right?

Agreed. If it will help Russ, it should be done.

I apologize. Let me try again to explain my reasoning for posting this information.

Hopefully that clarification helps.

I apologize. Let me try again to explain my reasoning for posting this information.

Hopefully that clarification helps.

I think you're misunderstanding BB. He's not accusing you of spamming GA. He's saying that you should also post it to the marketplace where people wanting to buy will see it.

I think you're misunderstanding BB. He's not accusing you of spamming GA. He's saying that you should also post it to the marketplace where people wanting to buy will see it.
+1. Post it in general too.