• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is a better deal on Heritage? Batman #1 @1.0 or Batman #1 @3.5?

40 posts in this topic

no doubt every book is diffferent ,and we all know how "generic and general" the PQ designation from cgc can be...

having had dozens of books cracked that were brittle and slightly brittle, I can say in every situation none were even remotely close to "dust"...in fact, I would say 98% + of the pages were as solid as any cr/ow designation, and in some cases better (and in one case, it was worse)...

so, you really do need to inspect, to know (thumbs u

sounds like that Tec 8 you sold me a few years ago...99.9% cream to o/w but for a little area that was "slightly brittle." Or my Tec 31 from four years ago..a few weak corners got it a "brittle" label. (shrug)...the label will scare many away regardless though in the event of future re-sell..a Bat 1 is a Bat 1 though. It will still sell strong I assume but just a few more potential bidders will drop out due to the PQ. There was an Action 7 in 3.0 brittle on HA that hit $20k last year that would have gone for much more if it were cr/ow on the label or better.

Both are great examples.

My opinion,

the slightly brittle pages would not concern me to much personally. But given the opportunity of a Bat 1 3.5 sb and 1.0 ow and if money was no option. I think I would take the 1.0 because its "cheaper", and has a nice front cover display (back cover is a mess tho), and of course the nicer page quality is a plus. (Not to say that the slightly brittle in my opinion would be a negative)

How about this one?

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=111021&Lot_No=11031

lol And the point that I'll never own a copy continues to be reinforced by examples like this...

So cool to see one in low grade like that. :cloud9:

I wonder what R. Blumenstein's notes on the back mean there, an accounting of the run he had, perhaps? :)

How about this one?

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=111021&Lot_No=11031

lol And the point that I'll never own a copy continues to be reinforced by examples like this...

So cool to see one in low grade like that. :cloud9:

I wonder what R. Blumenstein's notes on the back mean there, an accounting of the run he had, perhaps? :)

I was trying to figure that out too. Probably so. The notes add some character to it anyway. :headbang:

Yeah, but to think it'd cost someone over $2k for a copy in that condition? Ouch! I really makes me wonder if the person whose trying to flip the coverless copy on Heritage for twice what they paid is actually offering a good deal.... doh!

Yeah, but to think it'd cost someone over $2k for a copy in that condition? Ouch! I really makes me wonder if the person whose trying to flip the coverless copy on Heritage for twice what they paid is actually offering a good deal.... doh!

I actaully "bought" it at his asking price and I never heard a thing. I don't that that price is nuts, it really just depends on condition. I had a nice coverless copy I offered up here and got offers around 3K.

The problem with that super beat copy is the interior isn't complete and the back cover is missing SO much edge paper that it would cost a small fortune to have it restored.

I think the price on a complete coverless is in the 3000-4000. I had a nice interior missing the 1st wrap offered to me at 2 or 3K which I didn't think was horrible.

Heritage neglects to mention that the pages although "cream" are split and chippping so there is no way in hell they are cream. I would bet those pages are damn close to brittle at least on the spine and corners.

James G

I actaully "bought" it at his asking price and I never heard a thing. I don't that that price is nuts, it really just depends on condition. I had a nice coverless copy I offered up here and got offers around 3K.

The problem with that super beat copy is the interior isn't complete and the back cover is missing SO much edge paper that it would cost a small fortune to have it restored.

I think the price on a complete coverless is in the 3000-4000. I had a nice interior missing the 1st wrap offered to me at 2 or 3K which I didn't think was horrible.

Heritage neglects to mention that the pages although "cream" are split and chippping so there is no way in hell they are cream. I would bet those pages are damn close to brittle at least on the spine and corners.

James G

Well, I guess that answers my question as to whether or not $2.5k is a good deal! And I don't doubt you one bit regarding the pricing--when it comes to GA, I thoroughly rely upon my friends on the boards here to get an accurate feel on FMV with many of these books. I'm just surprised Heritage still has it listed with the "Buy Now From Owner" option if you already purchased it though.

It's a busy month for Batman 1. So this trimmed copy in the auction has a price on bid of 8K on it with a reserve. In the general section he was asking 20K with a bid of 13K. What do you think the reserve is and what will the final be. It also looks like it sold for 11K back in May of last year.

Batman 1 on Comic Link

He should've taken the 13K bid. At least he would've made a $700 profit.

The book has two big hits against it. The trimming, and the fact that the resto is amateur.

I suspect that it won't meet reserve.

The book has two big hits against it. The trimming, and the fact that the resto is amateur.

+1, actually 13k is a lot of money foe that book

I don't know. hm There have been a few Bat 1s in the 5.0/6.0 ext range that've sold for $15k in the past year. And a CGC 4.5 Extensive Trimmed Married pages has sold for $12k before.

I can't tell if the book should be $11k or $15k. The book is trimmed on the right edge but the book is actually slightly wider than the non-trimmed (but cleaned) 8.0 EP that I have. (Go figure (shrug) ) But at $11,700 I was not motivated to sell. I guess the auction will be a good indication of whether or not I made a mistake. (All good either way though :banana: )

There is a 7.5 Mp in the general section. If memory serves me right. Comic Connect sold one two years ago signed by Jerry Robinson for 17,500. He is asking 25K for this one.

Batman 1 7.5 Mp

Heritage sold a copy pretty much identical to this one 18 months ago for $15,535. Both copies are 7.5 MP with cream to off-white pages. I thought it was the same book, actually, but there appear to be some subtle differences.

I don't know. hm There have been a few Bat 1s in the 5.0/6.0 ext range that've sold for $15k in the past year. And a CGC 4.5 Extensive Trimmed Married pages has sold for $12k before.

I can't tell if the book should be $11k or $15k. The book is trimmed on the right edge but the book is actually slightly wider than the non-trimmed (but cleaned) 8.0 EP that I have. (Go figure (shrug) ) But at $11,700 I was not motivated to sell. I guess the auction will be a good indication of whether or not I made a mistake. (All good either way though :banana: )

My Bat #1 6.0 EP sold about a year ago for 12K. I thought that price was right on.

My Bat #1 6.0 EP sold about a year ago for 12K. I thought that price was right on.

That sounds about right. I've seen them sell in the past year for a little higher but last year I would've probably sold a 6.0 EP for $12k too.

But its a year later, 1 point higher, has white pages, and mod instead of extensive (but trimmed) Seems like all that should be worth an extra couple thousand but we'll see (thumbs u