• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broadening horizons

22 posts in this topic

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4573257&nt=2&fpart=1

This is a thread over on the coinee side that is the comic equivalent of the Mile High runs of Action & Marvel Mystery, minus the #1s. Maybe.

It's unbelievable, and it might spark some interest in some of you to branch out. Thought it was worth sharing.

:cloud9:

I actually sold my coins to focus on comics. But I agree, this is nothing short of inspirational.

That 1868 proof set is positively awesome. I wonder if the mint issued that set?

I dont know anything about coins exept they fall out of my pocket all the time,but how much is that stuff worth?? (probably a stupid question i know)

A lot more than their face value, that's for sure :o

I dont know anything about coins exept they fall out of my pocket all the time,but how much is that stuff worth?? (probably a stupid question i know)
Enough to buy a very nice copy of Tec #27 ;)

Enough to buy a very nice copy of Tec #27 ;)

Imagine the stash of comics you could buy in replace of that coin. :cloud9: I would cut a deal with Heritage to just that.

That post is fairly worth millions.

The 1868 Aluminum set alone is worth maybe $500,000. One of the 4-5 sets known sold at Heritage in 1997 for $92,000, back when the coin market was fairly depressed.

Those paper bills are beautiful.

If they issued new US bills with that art I think the dollar's value would increase regardless of the current financial situation.

Agreed. Those 1896 Silver Certificates are works of art

Over the last several years I've been attempting to put together a US type set just as something neat to do. Took me forever to find a Draped Bust cent in decent shape at a price I was willing to pay. Slowly getting there but some of those coins are pricey.

That post is fairly worth millions.

The 1868 Aluminum set alone is worth maybe $500,000. One of the 4-5 sets known sold at Heritage in 1997 for $92,000, back when the coin market was fairly depressed.

WOW thats amazing and he has tons of them too.