• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Pre Robins in CLINK Auction

244 posts in this topic

The book that shocks me the most is the Action 13. Now don't get me wrong, Action 13 is a way cool book, but with the restoration, especially the married back cover, I am just completely and totally shocked at the bid (to the point I had to pitch the underwear I had on when I saw the price). :o

It had an 8900.00 bid on it in the general section. So I would expect to get to that at least. And it is no reserve so it is going to sell. I think the thing about this book is the front cover is so nice.

And it's slight resto with no color touch and no pieces added.

The label says slight, but in my mind a married cover puts the book in the extensive category. That means the front and back cover had to be re-attached. Pretty major in my book. Again, this is my opinion

The label says slight, but in my mind a married cover puts the book in the extensive category. That means the front and back cover had to be re-attached. Pretty major in my book. Again, this is my opinion

I understand what your saying, but I'm personally more bothered by color touch and pieces added.

On a book like this I would hope the buyer is looking more at what was not done to the book (material added or CT), then what designation it received. And would be a shame that it could possibly get less bids if it landed in a Moderate label, even though the notes would be exactly the same.

I understand this book pushes the Slight envelope about as far as it goes, and is a bonus to have it in Slight. But it all comes down to looking at it as a restored book.

If Slight to you can only mean a dot of CT, or a tear seal then this book is obviously Moderate.

If Moderate to you means a book can have pieces added and moderate CT..then this book is much more Slight then it is Moderate.

It seems to be more of a judgment call then a technical decision.

I agree with y'all's discussion on the Action 13. :headbang:

I think that example on Clink is a great example. And while I (like most) generally try and avoid PLODS at all cost. If I was in the market for an Action 13, that copy would be a great pick up.

It's a plod but as nearmint said it does not have any of the general frowned opon plod characteristics. :cool:

That Action 13 could have been a Blue .5, perhaps a Green 1.5 / 1.8, or the S(A) Plod.

For once I can say I'm digging that they restored it, its the best possibly presentation of the book! :applause:

I agree with y'all's discussion on the Action 13. :headbang:

I think that example on Clink is a great example. And while I (like most) generally try and avoid PLODS at all cost. If I was in the market for an Action 13, that copy would be a great pick up.

It's a plod but as nearmint said it does not have any of the general frowned opon plod characteristics. :cool:

That Action 13 could have been a Blue .5, perhaps a Green 1.5 / 1.8, or the S(A) Plod.

For once I can say I'm digging that they restored it, its the best possibly presentation of the book! :applause:

I agree, that's A13 is definitely a beauty and one of the best A13 restored copy to own.

I agree, that's A13 is definitely a beauty and one of the best A13 restored copy to own.

I'm surprised none of the pre Robin Tecs have hit reserves yet

:wishluck:

I hope they don't actually so it can help some of us less fortunate folks who wnat books like these. If none sell then some prices might go down.

I hope they don't actually so it can help some of us less fortunate folks who wnat books like these. If none sell then some prices might go down.

(Please, nobody disagree with the boy. Innocence is so touching.)

marx.jpg

keep in mind, I have a moderate action 13...and I turned down a 10K offer...so, this copy is comparable if not superior, hopefully the realized price will reflect that

(Please, nobody disagree with the boy. Innocence is so touching.)

marx.jpg

The only way they won't reserve is if the price is unreasonable.

keep in mind, I have a moderate action 13...and I turned down a 10K offer...so, this copy is comparable if not superior, hopefully the realized price will reflect that

And if an unrestored copy don't show up for a long period of time, your copy will do at least just that. :headbang:

Yeah this is an example of where CGC makes me scratch my head. Funny how we see these kind of examples more often when expensive GA books are involved. Also, PGC Mint's FF#18 with a married cover only gets a qualified label?

And if an unrestored copy don't show up for a long period of time, your copy will do at least just that. :headbang:

willl do what?

A complete cover(front and back) married to a different interior gets the GLOD. A married back cover, or front cover, gets the PLOD.

I thought an unrestoerd back cover is married with unrestored front cover and interior without any reinforcement is a GLOD.