• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Better snag those 1st Grendels while you can before the new Netflix series debuts, I'm sure we are going to see a wave of speculation bumps finally for this issue :D

I agree!  A Primer 2 in 9.4 just sold for $2333.  Looks like my dreams of upgrading my 9.6 WP set (Primer 2, Grendel 1-3) to 9.8  is not gonna happen.  First world problems 🤣.

Netflix series looks like it may be good!  Can't wait.  And yes the books will definitely see a bump now, and of course if the series is good and gains new fanbase then all the better.  IMO well deserved, and about time.  Wagner deserves some spotlight for all his years on this series.  Mage would be awesome too BTW!

Looking forward to this as well! I forget when I got my Primer 2 but I do recall getting the Grendel 1-3 issues from Harley Yee at a Big Apple Con back in 2005 or so. They all reside in my core collection, along with the oversized Comico trade, the 1-40 run, and a few other Grendel goodies! Plus the Mage issues, of course!

On 9/27/2021 at 9:24 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Looking forward to this as well! I forget when I got my Primer 2 but I do recall getting the Grendel 1-3 issues from Harley Yee at a Big Apple Con back in 2005 or so. They all reside in my core collection, along with the oversized Comico trade, the 1-40 run, and a few other Grendel goodies! Plus the Mage issues, of course!

The original Devil by the Deed from 1985 with the larger format was beautiful too. Highly recommend getting that original compilation/version.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:27 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Look what arrived in the mail today!

This was the copy I bought raw last year after finding it at an estate sale. I was only looking because a friend was on the hunt for it but never ended up buying it off me afterwards, so I figured might as well get it signed and pressed - and boy, did a press help it! I was honestly surprised by the grade, and personally clocked it at being 9.0 tops but I'm happy to have been so very wrong :D

primer-1st-grendel-cgc.thumb.jpg.d142e22432630f25c9bbbd71782ea8f1.jpg

^^

There’s always been a rumor that there was a 2nd printing of Primer #2 that was not labeled as such (similar to Shuriken #1).  Anyone know how to identify the difference between a 1st and 2nd printing Primer #2?  I’m not sure CGC recognizes the difference. 

On 10/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, comiconxion said:

There’s always been a rumor that there was a 2nd printing of Primer #2 that was not labeled as such (similar to Shuriken #1).  Anyone know how to identify the difference between a 1st and 2nd printing Primer #2?  I’m not sure CGC recognizes the difference. 

Never heard of a second printing, which is why it's a rumor LOL.  We can certainly ask Matt if that ever happened but I think we would have known back in the day.  What year did you hear that occurred?