• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

But my comic book collection is still better than yours :baiting::angel:

:popcorn:

Maybe so, but for how long? :sumo:

Sarah told me, "As long as it takes - that chump doesn't have anything on my collection."

:o

(shrug)

:o This means ''WAR''!!! bf-piratebullet.gif

Bring it on :sumo:
:slapfight:

Wouldn't it depend on the price of the books?

I wouldn't mind having a Primer #1, 3, 4, and 6 if they were offered to me at $30-40/each ... but anything more than that, and I wouldn't consider it worth it :shrug:

I have tons of 1s, but nothing over 9.2-9.4

3 has a red cover, that's all I can recall of that one. I'm not sure I have ever seen a 4 except pictures. There is not a lot to recommend about 1,3 or 4. I would have thrown 6 in there, too, but will absolutely refrain. :fear:

I wouldn't mind having a Primer #1, 3, 4, and 6 if they were offered to me at $30-40/each ... but anything more than that, and I wouldn't consider it worth it :shrug:

That is someone's personal goals what they are willing to pay for a book to have it, right?

That's why I left the question with owning the books themselves, and not, "...and what would you pay for these books."

For me, I'd like to own them all. It depends on the condition of the book and my williness at the time to part with the cash what that target is, price-wise.

I own all of the issues but I'm not overly connected to any of them. I would like to upgrade my #2 someday because I do consider it a copper key. Early Grendel appearances (like in Mage) are ones that I always enjoyed looking for when I was younger. Not that I don't see the significance of the other Primer issues (I obviously don't mind owning them all!), but I wouldn't think twice about selling/trading them. Well, maybe twice, but certainly not thrice.

Not that I don't see the significance of the other Primer issues (I obviously don't mind owning them all!), but I wouldn't think twice about selling/trading them. Well, maybe twice, but certainly not thrice.

lol

:applause:

That is someone's personal goals what they are willing to pay for a book to have it, right?

That's why I left the question with owning the books themselves, and not, "...and what would you pay for these books."

For me, I'd like to own them all. It depends on the condition of the book and my williness at the time to part with the cash what that target is, price-wise.

If you're trying to establish whether there's any sort of significant demand for a Primer book that isn't a #2 or #5 - which would seem likely considering this poll was started after the long, drawn-out discussions we've had about Primer #6 in the registry forum - price is actually a pretty important consideration.

There are 100s of CA indies I'd happily pick out of the $1 box all day long - or buy as CGC 9.8 copies if they were in the $30-40 price range.

But once those books start moving into the $10 boxes - and the slabs start creeping up towards $80-100 - that number drops drastically.

"I'd like a full set of Primer #1-6 no matter the cost" is very different than "I'd like a full set of Primer #1-6 if they're dirt cheap" - one shows above-average demand, the other does not.