• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

Must. Let. This. Go. Please.

William, you know I appreciate what you are saying. Thanks for always being a voice of reason, and a great person to know.

The registry is a competition, and everyone hopes it to be a friendly one. For those that want to participate (I think you have no registry sets listed, so it may be tough to understand), I'm sure they want it to be evenly matched and their books appreciated when being considered.

I don't know what the most logical answer is across all sets. But when there are competitions within the same registry set, and then the Best Sets competition that goes across sets (which involves prizes of financial value), I think all anyone wants is a level playing field.

Given the price of books, the financial compensation is pretty weak. Three free grades. Personally, I don't know how a set with six books is going to pull that off against the 36,000 other sets that are out there. Frankly, I think getting selected is pretty much a shoot anyway. There are a large number of sets out there that are essentially complete with detailed write ups and scans. CGC picking just three gets to be pretty arbitrary. Big point totals don't really seem to be the key in their selection process.

I don't know what the most logical answer is across all sets. But when there are competitions within the same registry set, and then the Best Sets competition that goes across sets (which involves prizes of financial value), I think all anyone wants is a level playing field.

Crack 'em out, put 'em in Mylar and save yourself the stress.

Given the price of books, the financial compensation is pretty weak. Three free grades. Personally, I don't know how a set with six books is going to pull that off against the 36,000 other sets that are out there. Frankly, I think getting selected is pretty much a shoot anyway. There are a large number of sets out there that are essentially complete with detailed write ups and scans. CGC picking just three gets to be pretty arbitrary. Big point totals don't really seem to be the key in their selection process.

I'm glad you said that.

'Cause if it was a serious financial prize, I'd just grade everything I own and whup all your arses.

Suck on that.

(Oh, and until and unless someone gets another Primer #5 in 9.8, I own the set points anyways.)

:acclaim:

Disclaimer: the preceding post, specifically the line "suck on that", is not intended to denigrate, put down, annoy, harass, hurt, irritate, or otherwise harm the feelings of anyone posting, and is intended solely for humorous purposes. Any other use constitutes a violation of the intent of the post, and in no case will RMA™ or any of its affililiates be held liable for any damages suffered therein. Thank you.

At $18/book for Modern/Copper Age (x 3), I'd gratefully take it.

I do agree winning is a crapshoot, and may lean towards popularity of the registry sets versus the additional effort put into presentment. But I also respect what you have said before about the money and time put into these much larger sets.

Why not then have two categories per age for best registry sets to recognize long-running sets and short-life/mini sets? Otherwise, CGC is hosting an event that really leans towards one category.

And at least in the last registry contest, the 25-book Miracleman set won. That seems like a short set winner, though a very popular title. And what a competition, as there are four 100% sets, and the only way to stand out from the pack was signatures, pictures/descriptions, and finding 9.9 books.

Disclaimer: the preceding post, specifically the line "suck on that", is not intended to denigrate, put down, annoy, harass, hurt, irritate, or otherwise harm the feelings of anyone posting, and is intended solely for humorous purposes. Any other use constitutes a violation of the intent of the post, and in no case will RMA™ or any of its affililiates be held liable for any damages suffered therein. Thank you.

hm I sorta feel hurt and offended.

lol Well, somebody did it and it was sweet and I am copying it!!

You mean like my copy Sean?

4819315304_69c3e80ae2_b.jpg

Pfffft.

9.6 is weak.

:shy:

:sorry:

Yeh, 9.6 is my price-break for this book.

lol Maybe THAT should be your custom title...

If anyone's interested, I just posted the original art (oversized) final 3 page battle sequence from Comico Primer #2 on my CAF site (and also have an announcement thread on the original art boards). Feel free to take a look.

Hari

Nobody wants that garbage MR.9.8.... :sumo:

Oh while I am posting here....look what I was able to find while searching the B/S/T.....my latest purchase :devil:

5171638409_cc7ed586fd_b.jpg

Bronze :mad:(tsk)

;)