• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,873 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 4:41 AM, Shin-Kaiser said:

This is out of character for me for two reasons:

1) I'm normally a black hole collector. But to be fair on Ron Frenz, this art needs to be shown!

2) I don't normally request commissions. But I'm a massive fan of The Amazing Spider-Man issues #256-#259. Peter discovering the truth about his symbiote suit. His relationship with the Black Cat. The introduction of the Puma and the combined threat of the Hobgoblin working with the Rose.

Art from this period of Ron's run is scarce, so I was ecstatic to discover that Ron was offering very reasonably priced commissions. The result is something better than I was ever expecting and I am extremely happy. As Scott Kress, Ron Frenz's representative put it 'Ron knocked it out the park!'

ASMmockcover.jpg

I have 5 Ron Frenz pieces now , thru Catskill (Scott),  and they are all INCREDIBLE !!

On 1/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, alexgross.com said:

i just got this custom piece made by a friend, graphic designer peter bergeron. he makes this recreations of classic covers by cutting multiple layers of paper/board and fixing them together. it's painstaking work and he's really good at it. the result is a 3d image that literally pops out. as you move past it you can really see the space. and he makes the right choices about what should pop out the most, the second, the third, etc. 

i love it-

xmen-pete2.jpg

xmen-pete1.jpg

I have something similar from Todd Reis. It's a recreation of the cover of the first comic that I ever bought (JLA 29, 1st Series). Click the image to see a bigger picture.

image.thumb.png.ca456510ed2f95a6d6b2de306b4c8e98.png

On 1/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, alexgross.com said:

i just got this custom piece made by a friend, graphic designer peter bergeron. he makes these recreations of classic covers by cutting multiple layers of paper/board and fixing them together. it's painstaking work and he's really good at it. the result is a 3d image that literally pops out. as you move past it you can really see the space. and he makes the right choices about what should pop out the most, the second, the third, etc. 

i love it-

xmen-pete2.jpg

xmen-pete1.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful. I might have to expand my horizons into wood-working after seeing this lol