• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, Rick2you2 said:

I rarely buy commissions anymore, but I love the one I just got from Aaron Campbell. Campbell is the artist on the current Constantive series (Hellblazer), and his work plays beautifully in the horror genre. I had commissioned him at NY Comicon last year, and he ran about 6 months late, but this is worth it. Basically, he used John Bolton's style in Books of Magic to create an interpretation of the essence of the Phantom Stranger so rarely captured by artists. While you can't tell, he also did it on a rough paper which gives the image some nice texture. By the way, it was $500 for a 11 x 17, but he has since raised his rates to $600--if you can get him. The following image does not do it justice.

AaronCampbell200dpi.thumb.jpg.12353b6337f434316cefc0ea5080552f.jpg

Amazing!

On 6/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I rarely buy commissions anymore, but I love the one I just got from Aaron Campbell. Campbell is the artist on the current Constantive series (Hellblazer), and his work plays beautifully in the horror genre. I had commissioned him at NY Comicon last year, and he ran about 6 months late, but this is worth it. Basically, he used John Bolton's style in Books of Magic to create an interpretation of the essence of the Phantom Stranger so rarely captured by artists. While you can't tell, he also did it on a rough paper which gives the image some nice texture. By the way, it was $500 for a 11 x 17, but he has since raised his rates to $600--if you can get him. The following image does not do it justice.

Wow! That's a great one. Congrats!

On 6/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Rick2you2 said:

That’s a great commission!

On 6/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I had sent an email to Aaron telling him how well his work was appreciated here. He wrote me back that he has one slot left for his Heroes Con commission list if anyone is interested. "You don't have to be present at the con.  My list is available through my rep, Cadence Comic Art.  here's a link. And they can upgrade to the same size as yours! https://cadenceselect.bigcartel.com/product/campbell2022"

His mention about upgrading is that I had upgraded to the 11 x 17 size from his regular size.

Best wishes, 

Rick2you2