• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,874 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2022 at 9:30 PM, MR SigS said:

I guess I posted too soon and will never do it again. Turns out the page was sent to Destrehan, LA, and I live in Oregon. :facepalm:

If by some remote chance it was sent to anyone here, please message me :wishluck:

Can't help with the missing package, but we once sent control system parts to a town in Louisiana (LA abbreviation) and the shipper sent them to the other LA (Los Angeles). 

Even though I wasn't able to attend SDCC, I was able to get a couple of things.  This is the first I have gotten scanned.

I know a peacock isn't comic related per se, but Dave McKean doing it makes it special to me.  Thought it turned out great. 

Screenshot_20220726-175101_Messenger.jpg

Edited by igotnogame

Because of the Scandinavian Airlines pilot strike I had to cancel my participation in the San Diego Comic-con 2022 at the last minute. This was of course a big disappointment but recieving this artwork in the mail a month later almost made up for that mishap.

Top_Cat_Greeting_Card_pix.jpg.fcb9ca339bad5ca2f6270503717381b7.jpg

I had asked my friend (and fellow OA collector) Alan D. to get the Comic-con cover variant of Betty & Veronica Friends Forever Summer Surf Party by Dan Parent, celebrating Sabrina the Teenage Witch's 60th anniversary and in connection with that mentioned the fact that me and her are the same age. So unbeknownst to me he arranged for this special greeting card drawn by Scott Shaw! and signed by some of my favorite people in the industry which I always look forward to meet: Jimmy Palmiotti, Scott Eder, Amanda Conner, Terry Dodson and the aforementioned Scott and Dan. And Alan himself of course!
Me being surprised is an understatement! A big thank you to Alan for organizing this special treat!

On 7/27/2022 at 11:52 PM, igotnogame said:

Even though I wasn't able to attend SDCC, I was able to get a couple of things.  This is the first I have gotten scanned.

I know a peacock isn't comic related per se, but Dave McKean doing it makes it special to me.  Thought it turned out great. 

Screenshot_20220726-175101_Messenger.jpg

He has gotten very into nature and painting birds in the build up to and since publishing his book "Raptor". That's really nice.

Edited by Garf

On 9/1/2022 at 9:45 PM, Caltex98 said:

Because of the Scandinavian Airlines pilot strike I had to cancel my participation in the San Diego Comic-con 2022 at the last minute. This was of course a big disappointment but recieving this artwork in the mail a month later almost made up for that mishap.

Top_Cat_Greeting_Card_pix.jpg.fcb9ca339bad5ca2f6270503717381b7.jpg

I had asked my friend (and fellow OA collector) Alan D. to get the Comic-con cover variant of Betty & Veronica Friends Forever Summer Surf Party by Dan Parent, celebrating Sabrina the Teenage Witch's 60th anniversary and in connection with that mentioned the fact that me and her are the same age. So unbeknownst to me he arranged for this special greeting card drawn by Scott Shaw! and signed by some of my favorite people in the industry which I always look forward to meet: Jimmy Palmiotti, Scott Eder, Amanda Conner, Terry Dodson and the aforementioned Scott and Dan. And Alan himself of course!
Me being surprised is an understatement! A big thank you to Alan for organizing this special treat!

What a great gift!

I am not sure what the rules concerning artwork with partial nudity are on this site but I decided to play it safe and censored the latest commission I got in.  I love the 80’s Fighting Fantasy gamebooks (particularly the original 21 books) but being in the original art collecting hobby for 2-3 years makes me slowly realize that I will probably never own the original illustrations I want the most as they will most likely be out of my meager means.  Therefore, I recently decided to get homages of my favorite ones done starting with the mirror demon by Iain McCaig which appeared in the 1984 book, Deathtrap Dungeon.  This is the rendition done by Mike Hoffman:

DF28382D-36AF-4EC8-9E83-7D898426378E.jpeg

The original illustration:

DE57CE5E-A513-413E-84C2-764AE3A06862.webp

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

On 9/10/2022 at 2:53 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I am not sure what the rules concerning artwork with partial nudity are on this site but I decided to play it safe and censored the latest commission I got in.  I love the 80’s Fighting Fantasy gamebooks (particularly the original 21 books) but being in the original art collecting hobby for 2-3 years makes me realize that I will probably never own the illustrations I want the most as they will most likely be out of my means.  Therefore, I recently decided to get homages of my favorite ones done starting with the mirror demon by Iain McCaig which appeared in the 1984 Deathtrap Dungeon.  This is a rendition done by Mike Hoffman:

DF28382D-36AF-4EC8-9E83-7D898426378E.jpeg

The original illustration:

DE57CE5E-A513-413E-84C2-764AE3A06862.webp

Oh my I remember this image and those books I loved them so much . I believe I still have my “ Out of the Pit “ monster manual . Fantastic piece . Brings me back. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, Subby1938 said:

Oh my I remember this image and those books I loved them so much . I believe I still have my “ Out of the Pit “ monster manual . Fantastic piece . Brings me back. 

Yup, before the mass proliferation of cell phones, personal computers, video games or the internet, these books were a major source of entertainment allowing my imagination to soar and the detailed illustrations from the books were a major reason.  For only $1.95 (or $2.25), I could sit back and go an adventure for a couple of hours.  And not just once because you could go exploring and take different paths within the same gamebook.  It spawned great memories that prompted to collect every book in the original series (except one) and every new one released thus far.

Commissioned, I think, 10 years ago by our resident Boardie artist @Artboy99 - one of my favorite Surfer covers, still framed and on my wall:

DCAF7E74-2D0E-4012-8C77-92A8DB8F87C9.thumb.jpeg.a6f7f042aa46e719c55ed35a4e8ac62c.jpeg