• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,873 posts in this topic

I know that all of you have been waiting to see the latest adventures of Sugar and Spike. I know that I have. Until DC produces the comic book again, I'm filling in by creating faux covers for the next issue - number 100!

In this installment, the kids have been transported to Earth-Groo. A world similar in some respects to Medieval Europe, but loaded with strange creatures and mass destruction mostly caused by Groo.

They landed right in the middle of Groo story that spanned two issues of Sergio Aragonés Groo the Wanderer from Epic Comics, Marvel imprint.
In those issues, the Fountain of Youth is found and destroyed. Unusually for a Groo story, he didn't cause the destruction directly. 🙂

Our kids certainly landed in a mess.

For those that don't know, Sergio is a long time contributor to Mad Magazine. The first thing I did when I got an issue was to review his "marginals," the little cartoons in the margins of the pages.

Be sure to check out what else is going on in Sergio's Facebook page, Aragones Cartoons!

Continuing in my Fighting Fantasy gamebook illustration homage journey, I received this 11” x 17” commission by Steph Dumais of the Hades Demon that appeared in 1984’s House of Hades (or House of Hell outside of the U.S.):

B86B261B-94D3-4F16-A12F-AD6890E3C969.jpeg

Here is the original illustration by Tim Sell:

A3D2ECDF-8E40-4E59-8D79-963933F962C7.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

My poor daughters! Their inheritance is flying into space!

Joe Staton lends his talents to one of my faux Sugar and Spike 100 covers. In this case, S&S meet E-Man, Nova, and Teddy-Q.

There's even a nod (intentional or not) to my favorite team, the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Good going, Joe! Click to see a bigger image.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec166abe8a2939ba05d7d660a2d9e04b.jpeg