• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 10:58 AM, EXPhysiker said:

My newest Witchblade commission.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1900508

digital colors over original pencils

6195B4A6-41E5-46EA-88A2-DE1C678DC312.jpeg

CDC7F274-B9EE-4938-9B42-258EB1E060D8.jpeg

Witchblade a soft spot for me since the day I saw Michael Turner's cover on #1, This is absolutely fantastic to enjoy this art--pencil A+ and digital color A+

On 3/14/2023 at 5:10 PM, Brian Peck said:

It's been a while since I posted on this commission thread. 

Here are three BLOODY AMAZING commission David Roach did for me recently, don't have them in hand yet but they will be on their way soon.
David drew alot of the Doctor Who comics over the last 20 years and I loved alot of the work he has done. I started watching Doctor Who in the late 70’s and my first and favorite Doctor was Tom Baker. So I commissioned David to draw Tom Baker Who with the companion Leela (Louise Jameson) (another favorite along with Sarah Jane Smith).
I decided to have three commissions referencing the 9 serial which featured 3 serial per commission. I picked which 3 to put together, plus Tom Baker Doctor and Leela and let him run with it. I got to see each one has he finished them and they all blew me away!
I love them all each for different aspects, come end of 2023, it will be tough to pick one for the Best of event. David far exceeding my expectations for this, he is giving Dave Gibbons a run for his money.
image.thumb.jpeg.e8bdc74a789f04c9f9c763c97566f417.jpeg

This one includes "Robots of Death", "Face of Evil" and "Horror of Fang Rock" serials. Robots of Death is a personal favorite of mine and David nailed the character plus the profile of Tom is amazing, love how he slipped in the Tardis. All the characters are spot-on.

These put me in mind of the classic Target book covers. I wonder if anyone has any of those...?

Last weekend it was the Stockholm International Comics Festival, and besides hanging out with old and new friends, enjoying interesting panel discussions and in general having a good time I also got this addition to my sketchbook.

When my friend Hedvig (enormously talented) volunteers to make a contribution in the sketchbook one has to come up with a terrific idea on the spot. I have always wanted to see how she handles DC Comics resident super magician, Zatanna Zatara, and as she also is an expert on drawing funny animals I thought of Amanda Conner's cover from Zatanna issue 12. What is Zatanna's reaction when she realizes what has happened?

Zatanna_12_forum.jpg.cd9ac42bf42eb3709f0be57e44264aa4.jpg

Hedvig disappeared carrying my sketchbook and returned a couple of hours later with this:

Zatanna_SIS23_forum.jpg.fbf12ed03cc4cee58dcbfe24ac862264.jpg

Click on the picture for a larger scan on my CAF.
I am sure Amanda doesn't mind. BTW, Hedvig makes way too few comics since her main source of income is work in animation and gaming, mostly character design.

I commissioned this from Mike Vosburg via CAFLive.  Contacted him on Sunday, he responded within the hour, and put this in the mailbox yesterday.

I said I was looking for a She-Hulk circa 1980 sketch and here’s what he came up with!

Man, he smashed it out of the Ballpark!  

Mike himself wrote me and said this is one of his favorite drawings he’s ever done of She-Hulk!

Mike is a class act

IMG_2468.thumb.jpeg.3107e42ab67e419e4393bef804a561fe.jpeg