• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 7:31 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

Old commission pickup Penguin by Joe Staton from NYC Comic Con 2010.

20230802_104541.thumb.jpg.1507eb313f7b9792f5f95250656862ed.jpg

Mr. Wilson's wealthy Uncle! Man, that's a great Penguin!

This commission was by Andrw Sawyers (Link to Facebook page) and I really liked his style as he is clearly influenced by Bisley, but he's got a lot of his own style in there as well along with a great handle on creating vibrant colors.

I love Vampirella, and there are so many "sensual" types of poses that you see her in (nothin' wrong with that), but I thought Andrws work would be great for a "savage" Vampirella interpretation. He's working on a companion piece for me right now featuring a "sensual" Elvira that mirrors the same stylings of this Vampirella piece, I'm excited to see where he goes with that one.

VAMPIRELLA_COMMISSION_HIGHRES.jpg

Some things just make one happy. Here's one of mine.

Jim Shooter driving a pencil to give me a commission!

Most of this audience knows who he is, but I will share a bit of his history. He's been an entrepreneur starting two three comic publishers, a publisher, an editor, a writer, and a layout artist. More than that he's worked in the industry since he submitted his first script at 13 years old - sixty years ago. He's still active as a creator and is now on the con circuit which is how I got him to draw this.

Thanks, Jim. You've (once again) made me very happy. Keep it up!

Click image for a bigger picture.
E61A47E4-0417-4D06-8CED-91BEC09C68C7.thumb.jpeg.584baf2e136bb09bebea5cc5a890f271.jpeg
Edited by alxjhnsn