• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Pros

60 posts in this topic

Please consider...and I know many of you already have...special ordering blank sketch covers from the publishers directly. I am fairly certain that you can order these directly from Marvel, Image, and maybe even DC, and give them specific specs for what paper stock they should be printed on, etc.

If Larry can order his Larry's Comics variants, I'm sure you guys can pool resources (or maybe not even have to) to get a supply of sketch covers easily available to sketch cover enthusiasts.

That way, there's no "premium" for blank covers in the "back issue" market...and you can probably get them for 50% or thereabouts off cover, so you're not paying a fortune, either.

It would be very much appreciated by sketch cover fans, to be sure.

Its not as easy as you may think and its pricey. The promoter of Florida SuperCon (FSC) is a good friend of mind and jumped on the skertch cover bandwagon pretty early in the game. He was able to create a variant blank for the FSC 2009 program done and in the last min the printer messed up on the stock.

Lady Death Creator Brian Pulido was also willing to produce blanks of his Lady Death #1 issue but it came to $6-$8 per book for orders less then 200 copies. Luckily FSC again stepped up to cover the costs and we had a blank made up for the 2010 show.

Odds are we are going to have another great blank offered at FSC 2011 :)

I was waiting for mock-up art from my co-producer but, I am and will continue producing blank variants. First up will be a run of 20 blank Red Angel covers for Mr. Russ Leach to sketch when I get his opp up and running. I am working on a few other titles, mostly with the artists and creators that I am working with now but I am hoiping to offer many blank covers for various upcoming titles.

Please consider...and I know many of you already have...special ordering blank sketch covers from the publishers directly. I am fairly certain that you can order these directly from Marvel, Image, and maybe even DC, and give them specific specs for what paper stock they should be printed on, etc.

If Larry can order his Larry's Comics variants, I'm sure you guys can pool resources (or maybe not even have to) to get a supply of sketch covers easily available to sketch cover enthusiasts.

That way, there's no "premium" for blank covers in the "back issue" market...and you can probably get them for 50% or thereabouts off cover, so you're not paying a fortune, either.

It would be very much appreciated by sketch cover fans, to be sure.

I was amazed at the quality of the Mid-Ohio Con blanks. They were pretty limited, but still giveaways at the 2010 show.

I was amazed at the quality of the Mid-Ohio Con blanks. They were pretty limited, but still giveaways at the 2010 show.

Does any one know the print run and how much they are going for?

I do not, but I would estimate between 500 and 2000. I couldn't tell how many were in a case and they had between 5 and 10 cases of them.

I sold several right after Mid-Ohio for (I think) $10 each and they went like 24k hotcakes.

Does any one know the print run and how much they are going for?

I do not, but I would estimate between 500 and 2000. I couldn't tell how many were in a case and they had between 5 and 10 cases of them.

I sold several right after Mid-Ohio for (I think) $10 each and they went like 24k hotcakes.

:headbang:

let pool our money together for a Walking Dead 100 Blank!!!

I would allocate $500 to that in a heartbeat.

:whee:

This is an interesting idea!! I say make it a "CGC Forum Board" Exclusive blank variant cover - I'd be in for a few hundred!

Count me in as well for at least $1k.

let pool our money together for a Walking Dead 100 Blank!!!

I would allocate $500 to that in a heartbeat.

:whee:

This is an interesting idea!! I say make it a "CGC Forum Board" Exclusive blank variant cover - I'd be in for a few hundred!

Count me in as well for at least $1k.

for real, who has some experience so we can get real numbers to make this happen?