• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now that AF #15 has sold for $1.1M

45 posts in this topic

Many of these books are quite rare in high grade

Not if high grade is considered 8.0.

Alas! My humor logic fails!

:cry:

As did mine. :blush:

Oh, no, I got yours. I'm kinda smart like that. ;)

But your thread is full of win with the posting of the Norwegian track starlet.

^^

WTF is Primer 5?

Now don’t quote me on this.. but I heard this first hand… Primer 5 is the nickname given to Daredevil Prime Romagno, known for his wild antics in the late 70 and throughout the 80s. He was first heard of, from a Michigan State football game in which he paraglided right over the goal post during half-time when he wasn’t even part of the show; he was only 11 at the time, and had to do community service for it, but he got his five minutes of fame. That is also where he was first referred to as Primer. When he was 16, he was the youngest person to ever attempt to a “break-free from chains and locks” event on the Mississippi River, while inside a wheel barrow, he had to break free from combination locks that were opened from their packaging in public and locked before a live audience, the wheel barrow was weighed in with 100 pounds of lead and thrown into the river; the crazy part was that all this with an angered raccoon. The stunt was successful (but near fatal), the raccoon unfortunately died; he was given community service for it. His notoriety and fame came when he decided to base jump off of the 6 tallest man-made structures in the world. He made the jump off of the first five, but when he tried doing it off of the KVLY-TV mast in North Dakota, he was not let into the premises and he decided to glide into it’s peak and then make the Jump. Something went terribly wrong the day he tried, he dished his glider 100 meters before making it to the tower, with a control parachute. The plan was to use a second one once up there. He wasn’t able to control it, and crashed head on to metal, suffering 33 broken bones. The glider had pummeled to a small crowd and killed 9 people. He was formally charged and sentenced to 28 years of hard time. He was given the now infamous Primer 5 name by the press…. :(

That’s what I heard… hm

There's been a surge in artwork values for Wacky Packages, GI JOE and action figure packaging artwork, and Magic the Gathering card artwork. It all seems to follow the same path.

educate me... can you give me specific examples chris of known sales? I find this stuff fascinating.

:popcorn: