• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Wonderful books everyone! I've always liked the early Actions,especially the issues that seem to be the toughest to acquire like 2,7,10,12 and 13.

I am not currently building a run,but I do have this one in the vault. :cloud9:

action7fc.jpg

Such a beautiful book Russ :luhv:

Wonderful books everyone! I've always liked the early Actions,especially the issues that seem to be the toughest to acquire like 2,7,10,12 and 13.

action7fc.jpg

this gets my heart all a flutta. :cloud9:

Right now ComicConnect has a copy up of Action Comics #1 up for auction. (worship)

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405071

Action1CGC_1.jpg

It should be interesting to see how much this one ends up going for. hm

It's already up to 51K.

It's just been leaked by "accident" to the media outlet groups (by a major Midwest promotional firm, of course) that Charlie Sheen is bidding on the book.

Go you super-duper, Superman you!! :banana:

Right now ComicConnect has a copy up of Action Comics #1 up for auction. (worship)

Action1CGC_1.jpg

It's already up to 51K.

It's just been leaked by "accident" to the media outlet groups (by a major Midwest promotional firm, of course) that Charlie Sheen is bidding on the book.

Prices go up up and awaaaayyyyyyy :ohnoez:

:o Perhaps an Action #1 thread should be started. :insane:

what a unique idea. hm

AnotherAction1thread-1.jpg

AnotherAction1thread-1.jpg

Now that is a great post (thumbs u

action7fc.jpg

Action Comics #7 is really one of the greatest books in our hobby IMO.

Having been in the process of reading the Superman Chronicles over the past few days, I can say that Action #7 is one of my favorite stories from the early run.

And I'm in the process of re-reading Action #1-6 just to double check, but I believe that Action Comics #7 debuts the term "Man of Steel".

Your copy looks fantastic! (worship)

Action1CGC_1.jpg

It's already up to 51K.

17 pieces of tape on an Action #1. doh!

Personally, I feel that this copy is incredible. :cloud9:

I believe that any Action #1 should be cherished; and if some additional resto could help increase the eye-appeal, that would make this copy an ideal candidate for someone with the funds to make it happen.

If all of the suggested resto (as was mentioned earlier in the thread) had already been done to the book, I imagine that it would end up selling for even more at auction.

So the lack thereof in this instance might be a bonus to anyone wanting to land a copy of Action Comics #1 before the value continues to be pushed further and further out of the stratosphere.

Here's my #23

Action23frontandbackcgc45001.jpg

What are the odds that you get the combination of a classic Superman cover and the 1st appearence of Lex Luthor all in the same issue?

Action #23 seems to have become even more popular as of late; as well it should be. (thumbs u

Sweet copy. :golfclap: