• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Those snobs in "Pre-Robin Tec Club" wouldn't let me in without a ticket :cry: , but I do have an entry to join "Early Action Comics Club" Wooo Hooo :banana:

I used to have several early Actions, but finances caused me to sell many of them unfortunately. Here's one I kept:

Act22.jpg

Those snobs in "Pre-Robin Tec Club" wouldn't let me in without a ticket :cry: , but I do have an entry to join "Early Action Comics Club" Wooo Hooo :banana:

I used to have several early Actions, but finances caused me to sell many of them unfortunately. Here's one I kept:

Act22.jpg

that's a great 3.5 Brian. :grin:

Act22.jpg

Presents very well for the assigned grade. (thumbs u

Welcome to the club! :hi:

Thanks guys! So many great books already posted in this thread kind of makes me want to acquire another early Action.

Really nice Action 23 Mike. I've seen many copies of that book, with many having "eye appeal" issues, but yours presents really well.

Alton's Action 10 & 20 are both really sweet books as well.

The Action 7, 12, & 13 are also jaw dropping. Action 1-24 are just really a geat run of books to go after. :applause:

ActionComics11938DGCopy.jpg

This copy looks familiar...

Can someone refresh my memory? (shrug)

Owned by a colletor in Oregon. Has minor resto. Seller wanted a million for it a couple of years ago on ebay.

PGXAction190cover.jpg

minor PGX resto is like CGC extensive :makepoint:

I saw that book in person when I was in Oregon. It was on display at a local museum where they had an exhibit on comic books and original art in October, 2009. It has a much discussed history, but I can say that is shockingly nice in real life. The scans don't do it justice. Paulie had some photos posted on here at one time of the comic that better represented the book. It really looked newsstand fresh from front and back (I stepped behind the showcase to see the back cover, much to the disapproval of the security guard).

It's a killer looking copy.

(thumbs u

I saw that book in person when I was in Oregon. It was on display at a local museum where they had an exhibit on comic books and original art in October, 2009. It has a much discussed history, but I can say that is shockingly nice in real life. The scans don't do it justice. Paulie had some photos posted on here at one time of the comic that better represented the book. It really looked newsstand fresh from front and back (I stepped behind the showcase to see the back cover, much to the disapproval of the security guard).

(thumbs u

no doubt (thumbs u

but how much restoration has been done to it?

we will only know if it is "professionally" graded/checked.

Act22.jpg

I don't mean to rain on your parade by showing off my copy, but mine is far superior!

DSC00642.jpg

Except my copy isn't enough to join any club other then... "Rat Chewed Anonymous"

:cry:

Right now ComicConnect has a copy up of Action Comics #1 up for auction. (worship)

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405071

Action1CGC_1.jpg

It should be interesting to see how much this one ends up going for. hm

It's already up to 51K.

I'd put $1000 $2500 into this book and have Kenny make it a 6.0

It really is the perfect copy to restore since there is already a ton of previous Amateur work done.

I could see taking all the old tape, and resto off. Get down to the original copy and then decide what to do with it.

Leave it as original as possible, or restore the heck out of it.

Both hold appeal for completely different reasons.

Great thread, and books all around btw.

(thumbs u

no doubt (thumbs u

but how much restoration has been done to it?

we will only know if it is "professionally" graded/checked.

The owner, who is an upstanding guy, says not much at all.

Act22.jpg

Presents very well for the grade...gorgeous FC.