• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comic is in more demand - Action #1 or AF #15?

Which is the most desired comic book of all?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most desired comic book of all?

127 posts in this topic

My thread has more posts, and is therefore more sexy.
hm ......................Ok,I buy that lol

If you were an Eskimo, would you buy ice?

No,but I would sell them :insane:

Slave trade?

Kinky.

lol

I meant sell the ice,not the Eskimos :insane:

We need the Eskimos to make Eskimo Pies :insane: :insane:

Cannibalism eh hm

:roflmao:

No,these Eskimo Pies:

eskimopie.jpg

:cloud9:

So, perhaps more people are seeking an AF 15 predominantly because it is closer to the realm of affordability than Action 1 and less because a lack of interest?

Well, that's my point.

People are seeking it less; a definition of demand. It doesn't matter why they are seeking it less. They are not true, potential purchasers; not in the market.

Just like when oil gets too high, people start (temporarily at least) driving less; i.e. demanding less.

Although, in these comics' case, I think Spidey is more popular as well...

Using your analogy, those same drivers also express anger and frustration over not being able to afford what they want in the amount they want. The desire is still there, but their wallets can't support it. That's actually the point I was making.

We'll have to agree to disagree then as I think the reason buyers aren't actively seeking the Action 1 is actually quite relevant and a very real factor to why less copies are changing hands than AF 15.

(And if you look at the one or two posts I made over in the "Spider-Man / Superman Icon" thread, you'll see that I'm not actually arguing Superman is more POPULAR in Western society--that's Spider-Man's (and even Batman's) territory. :) )

I am using the word "demand" in its simplest sense: I want that. All other considerations aside. The fact that I used the word "desire" in the poll was the clue that this was the case. Context, people.

----------------

Which is the problem, because folks want all sorts of things, but demand ought to be looked at in terms of whether they could potentially afford it.

Obviously a lot more folks are in the market for an AF 15 as I figure you can get a copy that isn't too horrible for $2-$3K, which makes it affordable to a lot of folks, whereas $2-$3K gets you what, a wrap from Action 1?

I am using the word "demand" in its simplest sense: I want that. All other considerations aside. The fact that I used the word "desire" in the poll was the clue that this was the case. Context, people.

----------------

Which is the problem, because folks want all sorts of things, but demand ought to be looked at in terms of whether they could potentially afford it.

Obviously a lot more folks are in the market for an AF 15 as I figure you can get a copy that isn't too horrible for $2-$3K, which makes it affordable to a lot of folks, whereas $2-$3K gets you what, a wrap from Action 1?

After 6 years here, I 'demand' you learn to use the quote function. :slapfight:

----------------

After 6 years here, I 'demand' you learn to use the quote function. :slapfight:

:applause:

So, perhaps more people are seeking an AF 15 predominantly because it is closer to the realm of affordability than Action 1 and less because a lack of interest?

Well, that's my point.

People are seeking it less; a definition of demand. It doesn't matter why they are seeking it less. They are not true, potential purchasers; not in the market.

Just like when oil gets too high, people start (temporarily at least) driving less; i.e. demanding less.

Although, in these comics' case, I think Spidey is more popular as well...

Using your analogy, those same drivers also express anger and frustration over not being able to afford what they want in the amount they want. The desire is still there, but their wallets can't support it. That's actually the point I was making.

We'll have to agree to disagree then as I think the reason buyers aren't actively seeking the Action 1 is actually quite relevant and a very real factor to why less copies are changing hands than AF 15.

(And if you look at the one or two posts I made over in the "Spider-Man / Superman Icon" thread, you'll see that I'm not actually arguing Superman is more POPULAR in Western society--that's Spider-Man's (and even Batman's) territory. :) )

Are people seeking Action #1 less? Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean you don't want it. Demand is high, affordability is low.

You give people the choice of a one million dollar copy of Action #1 vs a one million dollar copy of AF #15 and whatever the majority pick would show you true demand.

It's like fake products, I see a ton of girls with fake LV purses. They can't comfortably afford a real one but bought a fake one, this shows they have a demand for the product.

I would also like to mention that AF #15 is also a lot more available due to the number of copies in existence. There are what, 30+ times more copies of AF #15. Due to this AF #15 is a hell of a lot more liquid. Before Metro sold the copy of Action #1 for a million dollars Action #1's were rarely put up for sale because of demand. Collectors knew demand is very high and supply almost non-existent. Therefore if they sold their copy they were not sure if they would be able to replace it while an AF #15 is replaceable many times over each month.