• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Desirable Comic Book to Have?

30 posts in this topic

1970's

Amazing Spider-man 129 (Still Undervalued in my eyes)

1980's

TMNT 1

1990's

Amazing Spider-man 300

Vengeance of Bane 1 in a 9.8. According the registry there are only 141 of them out there. I have yet to see them appear in any sort of real frequency.

Time will tell.

Akira 38 (epic). There was an extremely low print run due to Otomo postponing the last 4issues to work on the anime film. It remains extremely rare to this day, with mid grade raw copies selling for around $100-150. There are only 4 or 5 copies graded at all, I've seen 2. One, sold on ebay for $150 (still kicking myself for missing that one) and another is up right now for $475. Im hoping my copy, even though its been read carefully twice, is still good enough to pull off a 9.8. I just cant justify paying almost $500 for a slabbed book that I have sitting in my long boxes in near mint condition.

I also think that the east of west rrp is going to be the sleeper book of this year. This series is amazing, it's only on issue 6, and its already my favorite title this year. I think the print run was 300, many of which had ink smudges on the back covers from a printing error. on top of that, they were mailed to participating retailer as opposed to given away at a con. that adds shipping damage to some of the copies too. I'd be willing to bet theres only 150-200 copies floating around out there that could hit 9.8 status. As its popularity gains over the next 12 months, I think we're going to see the rrp climb in price quite a bit.

1970's

Amazing Spider-man 129 (Still Undervalued in my eyes)

1980's

TMNT 1

1990's

Amazing Spider-man 300

Vengeance of Bane 1 in a 9.8. According the registry there are only 141 of them out there. I have yet to see them appear in any sort of real frequency.

I think Hulk 181 will continue to go upwards.

There is not a huge price difference to ASM129, but Wolverine is really in a completely different league. The price difference ought to be many-fold.

If Superman is the most important Super-hero of the Golden Age, Spider-man of the Silver age, then Wolverine is te most important Super-hero to come out of the Bronze age.

90's

Aliens - Especially vol 1 in 9.8 nigh-on impossible to get hold of.

Discounting value, I've always considered Spidey 1 a must have. Fair enough it's incredibly easy to get hold of due to the ridiculous print run on it but still, it's a book which has significant significance to the hobby for that period.