• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Desirable Comic Book to Have?

30 posts in this topic

What will be the next Desirable book to have in the 1980's & 1990's?

Example:

1930's

Action Comics #1

Detective Comics #27

Marvel Comics #1

1940's

Captain America Comics #1

Whiz Comics #2

All Star Comics #3

1950's

Showcase #4

Adventure Comics #247

1960's

X-men #1

Amazing Fantasy #15

Hulk#1

Fantastic Four #1

Avengers#1

Journey into Mystery #83

Brave and the Bold #28

Flash# 123

1970's

Green Lantern #76

Conan# 1

Hulk #181

Giant-Size X-Men #1

What will be the next sought-after comic books?

1980's

?

?

?

1990's

?

?

?

Ahh...

1980 book with a low print run.

Then low print runs or very hard to find 9.8 NM/MT books might be desirable.

How about Thor #411 9.8 cgc?

TNMT #1

I feel like TMNT #1 is and has been desirable ever since release back in 1984. I'd definitely add it to the list, but it sounds like the OP is looking for books that haven't necessarily been on everyone's radar up until now.

is it still hot? i took it as a b list character getting a spike with movie hype. i still grabbed mine from a dollar bin 3 or 4 months ago

80's must haves

1. tmnt #1

2. betty and veronica #320

3. wolverine mini #1

90's must haves

1. ASM #300

2. bone #1

3. ?????

and i think xmen 94 has to be listed in the 70's, more than conan IMHO

The Comic Book Daily has a regular feature on undervalued potential key issues.

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/wp/category/collecting-community/

Spider-Man #300, Wolverine #1, TMNT #1, Bone #1, Walking Dead #1 are already very desirable, and will surely remain so. New Mutants #98 (1991) is still going up fast, and CGC 9.8s of the Joe Kelly run of Deadpool are getting pricey. The first Alan Moore Swamp Thing (#20) is certainly significant but I don't know if it will be very valuable.

One thing I'm sure will eventually take off and that's Graphic Novel collecting - these are in many ways more 'key' in the 80s and 90s than comic books, so first editions of Watchmen, Swamp Thing, Dark Knight Returns, etc. will be collectible, as will books considered to be the earliest in the genre. Scarcity will have to play a big factor though - TMNT collections seem to be very valuable if they had low runs.

One that ive been looking for and either cant find or is too expensive for my taste is preacher #1. I know you can usually get it online for around 40 bucks but i like buying comics in person and if im spending that much online i usually go for something older. If the tv series ever gets going i can see this book going up in value.

Ahh...

1980 book with a low print run.

Then low print runs or very hard to find 9.8 NM/MT books might be desirable.

How about Thor #411 9.8 cgc?

I believe I actually have this book at home...Don't know what condition its in though..

1970's

Amazing Spider-man 129 (Still Undervalued in my eyes)

1980's

TMNT 1

1990's

Amazing Spider-man 300

Vengeance of Bane 1 in a 9.8. According the registry there are only 141 of them out there. I have yet to see them appear in any sort of real frequency.

Thor 411 9.8? Everyone knows I'm the biggest New Warriors fan, but it won't take off. The reason is there is no demand for it.

:hi:

I want one!!!! Just waiting for the right price. Id rather have this than the 412.

Surely all the books you have listed, in previous decades, are keys that are desirable in any grade. The right answers to this question will be which books will be heavily saught after in any grade in many years to come.

For example TMNT is and will be, for a very long time, desirable in any grade. I want one and I would take anything I could get at the moment. If you have to ad the suffix, in CGC 9.8, then it's not, in my eyes, a desireable book. Yes it would be nice to have a vengence of bane #1 in 9.8 but if the grade is what makes it valuable to you then, and evrybody else, then how is that desirable (shrug)

I would want a vengence of bane because it's the first bane and his my favourite bad guy and so does everyone else.If I am then picky with what grade I must have then thats my thing not everone elses 2c